Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good free online tutorial video for learning the basics of iMovie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good free online tutorial video for learning the basics of iMovie?

Can anyone recommend a good free online tutorial video for learning the basics of iMovie?

I realize I could just do a search on YouTube. But I'd rather find videos that are recommended as good, rather than coming up randomly in a search.

Thank you.

Do a youtube search. That really is the best way. Start with the shortest time and work your way up. If you know what they're talking about (some of these tutorials ramble about the stupidest most basic things) just drag the player bar till you see something that looks interesting. That's what I do.

When I used iMovie way back when, basically I imported the MiniDV. It would break itself up and then you just click and drag to the bottom pane. Drag those in and out markers and export.

It's very basic and if you're just making a "fun" video it will be fine.

NOTE: If you're editing a "real" movie or video buy Final Cut Pro. If you have an older Mac you can get it fairly cheap. However HD footage barely works with Final Cut Pro 6 which is what I have with my early G5.

Comment

Actually, I’ve already used Final Cut Pro, Premiere, and Avid. I’ve just never used iMovie - and now I need to learn it (long story behind why)... Anyway, when I do a YouTube search for ’iMovie Tutorial’ then I get way too many results than I have time to look at.

So again, if anyone can recommend any tutorial videos, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

If you have used other more advanced software it should be easy to pick up iMovie as it is aimed at consumers to begin with. But I don't know of any tutorials offhand. I think it would most likely be best if you played around with it a bit.
        -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X