Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What computer to get?

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of making my first real short film and I need to buy a computer to edit it on. I had originally arranged to use a friends computer that was designed for video editing, however I am no longer able to use his. After searching the web it seems like most people suggest the i7 processor with at least 4gb of RAM. My budget for this computer is only $500. Within the next year I will be in a position to buy a proper one but right now I need one that will get me through October. I am probably going to end up getting one off Ebay. I'm looking to get a Mac if that matters.

I'm wondering if an Intel Core 2 Duo processor will work. I apologize if what I'm about to describe sounds dumb. I only have experience editing handycam videos from years ago. I don't need any VFX. I would like to have it but I can use practical if I need to. Off the top of my head, all I need it to do is put clips together, add music, add external audio, color correct, color grade, and upload to the internet.

I also need advice on what editing program to use. I want to use Adobe Premier now that its available for monthly charges but the requirements say it needs a more powerful computer. Thank you for every ones time and input.

-Nick

I don't think it makes sense to spend 500 dollars on a computer you will only use for a few months. Do you have any computer whatsoever currently?
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
      I don't think it makes sense to spend 500 dollars on a computer you will only use for a few months. Do you have any computer whatsoever currently?
      No I do not have another computer. It sounds stupid to do but It still fits into my overall budget I planned to spend on this project.

Comment

Working...
      X