Editing Laptops; What do you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Laptops; What do you use?

So I made the jump mac to pc for my secondary editing machine (the one I use when I don't have my custom build pc on location) I got the ASUS 15.6" N Series Gaming Notebook (G550JK-CN155H). Just wondering what you guys use for editing on the road and also what you use for external storage. Thanks in advance.

Specs for the Asus G550JK-CN155H
    Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ
    CPU Speed: 3.4GHz
    GPU: Nvidia 4 GB GTX850M DDR 5 with Nvidia 3D Vision Technology
    OS Version: Windows 8
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600
    Internal storage: 1TB 7200rpm

I started off with some free software which didn't work. My suggestion: don't be afraid to spend $$$
    Last edited by Super Geek; 07-18-2015, 06:54 AM. Reason: Accidentally hit post befor finishing O_o

Comment

you can take a look at ADOBE CC, it is pretty cheap. You pay around 60$ a month but you have access to the complete Adobe collection (including Premiere and AE).. plus you can use two license
      Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Jamet View Post
        you can take a look at ADOBE CC, it is pretty cheap. You pay around 60$ a month but you have access to the complete Adobe collection (including Premiere and AE).. plus you can use two license
        I agree. Adobe CC is the way to go. As a teacher with an educator discount, I'm paying about $20 per month.

Comment

Working...
        X