Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: Burning short film to DVD for film festival?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Burning short film to DVD for film festival?

Hey guys! I have a film that I need to burn to a DVD but seems like I'm having issues with it playing in numerous DVD players. It will play on friends' Mac computers but not on DVD players. I'm thinking it may be a codec issue, but I may be wrong.

I edited the film using Final Cut Pro X on my iMac 2012 model and I do not have an external rewritable disc drive. I exported the master file from Final Cut and copied the file to a flash drive, copied to my PC desktop, then proceeded to burn the file to a DVD-R using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate on my PC.

Is there a better program or something to burn my film to a DVD on my PC to insure it WILL play on all DVD devices? Any help, links or suggestions is welcome. Thanks for your time!

It seems like you did not "Author" the DVD. Did you just past the file to a DVD and then burn it, or did you use a program like iDVD then burn it? If you just pasted it then it will not play in a DVD player, it needs to be authored by a DVD burning program.

Comment

Hi Mark. The Wondershare program is a DVD authoring program. I used that to burn the file to the DVD.

It is a strange issue. Are there other DVD authoring programs worth checking out?

Comment

Seems like you have a conflict somewhere, try some tests along the way and see if you can find out where it goes wrong, it could be because of changing format or changing programs. Have you tried a burn to DVD+R? You never know...

Comment

Originally posted by brandon_4385 View Post
          Hi Mark. The Wondershare program is a DVD authoring program. I used that to burn the file to the DVD.

It is a strange issue. Are there other DVD authoring programs worth checking out?
          Im not sure, but if your on a Mac why not try with iDVD? Also see martynuk's post

Comment

Working...
          X