Teaching Myself To Edit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching Myself To Edit

There was a thread I just saw that made me think of this video I made when I was first learning to edit.

If you can make it through the shitty acting (there is a narrative) you'll see the editing on this is pretty cool. Of course I did it all by myself. I'm the friendless friend.

I called it "Exorcizing the Edit". A little word play. Okay, you know what you can do...

32 views and not one response. I'm guessing the magnificent acting surpassed the editing techniques. So, I'll ask a simple question... How many actors do you see in the picture above? I'll even make it multiple choice.

A) 1

B) 2

C) 4

Comment

LOL!, I starting really laughing when the guy in the leather jacket with the gun started dancing. It became hilarious to me and dawned on me that it was a comedy.

To answer your question 1 actor.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a simply terrible actor. But, you're right, both of those guys are me. Which makes the editing pretty neat.

Comment

I actually think that this could be something worth making... It has some good points. It was obviously purposeful for comedy when I saw the music video scene. The foot gun went over my head... A new entrance to of the bad guy including dialog. replace the foot gun with a weapon conjured from your mind giving validity to the abstract comedic feel. a little tweak here and there I think you would be worth making at least. I'm not talking box office hit but entertaining to watch...

Comment

Thanks. But, I've got so many other things I'd like to do. My short for one, and I have a full length surreal musical I'd love to shoot.

Of course I need to find a job.

Is it possible to sue a company for unjustified firing? This is 100% true. No one has argued that I didn't do 95% of the everyday work. I was fired because I refused to do the work my Manager agreed in the presence of our DM that she would do. Which is the other 5%. How fucked up is that?

Comment

Well there are lawyers that will take that case pro bono because of the nature of the open and shut case you have. Long as you can have a witness or two to coincide with what you are saying you did then lawyers would eat that up. In the mean time grab another 9 to 5.

Comment

nice edit. although i do suggest you looks for some other microphone. im guessing you used the one on the camera and it sounds pretty bad. but nice work.

Comment

Working...
                X