Getting rid of noise on footage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of noise on footage

Hello everyone, I'm editing a short video for my cinematography course and the footage was mostly shot at night.
    On the shoot we had 4 weak LED lights because that's all we could book out. The footage looks nice but it's a bit noisy.
    I've changed the luminance levels in post and I managed to get rid of some or most of it by raising the lights, darkening the darks, using a sensible gamma and adding a slight black tint over it but I was wondering if anyone knows a decent way, (software, plug-in ect) that would almost certainly get rid of the remaining noise.
    I'm editing on Sony Vegas and unfortunately I haven't come across a noise reduction plug-in yet. Is there one or some decent software to use?
    Thanks =)

Hi BobbyTannock,

I can give it a try, to clean up your audio file for free. Contact me if you like :)
    Thanks...

Comment

video noise :p Audio noise I can clean up no problem I mean there's grain and noise on the video. Thanks though :)

Comment

Ok then :) Good luck!

Comment

If you have after effects you can do it with that. I found this: http://www.neatvideo.com/index.html?g34, but no idea if it's any good.
          -AF

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the tip i'll take a wild stab at it

Comment

Something I learned the hard way. If you want a dark scene, do NOT shoot it dark. Darken it in post.

Anything can be darkened and it will enhance the image. You can not lighten an image and enhance it. Because if it's shot dark, what you're trying to lighten isn't on the video.

Shoot light. Darken in post. That was a nasty lesson to learn.

Comment

Yeah I'm definitely learning that now lol. Thing is though we had 5 lights. 4 Roto lights and a LED box light our cameraman owned. The roto lights are piss poor. For lighting a cross lit 2 shot and lighting trees we couldn't get much light on them. What we do have is acceptable even with the grain but yeah it's definitely a learning experience struggling with this footage.

Comment

I shot a wedding that had some grain in it and I had some experience with Denoiser II by Red Giant. A plugin that works in Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Comment

As stated, DeNoiser and Neat Video are good plugins. Although for future situations, just make sure you light your scenes well... don't always depend on plugins to save you.

Comment

Lighting darkness

This thursdays film riot episode is about shooting in the dark or lighting in the dark
                      Watch it, I learned a lot from it.

Comment

Working...
                      X