Suggesions for Open Source/Free/Cheap Editing Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggesions for Open Source/Free/Cheap Editing Software

I use both Linux and Windows, so either platform will work.

So far I've tried OpenShot (worked OK, but lacked a lot of features and stability, kept crashing), and I'm trying LightWorks (looks alright, but not too sure it has the editing power I would need).

Any suggestions that other people have tried and liked?

OpenShot was the only one I really knew about, I wouldn't mind hearing if others have experience with this as well.
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

did openshot come out for Windows? The only thing I see is a Linux download.

Comment

Well there's Blender which is really a 3D animation software but it's got a good video editor on it.

Comment

I was actually looking at that before you replied lol. I'm actually looking to download it. I tried light works but my computer can't run it or something. Everythings all laggy in the audio doesn't match.

Comment

Blender works on most computers I think. I used to use the video editor on it and it's quite good.

Comment

For Windows, Lightworks and Blender are really your best option. Although if you can save up a bit of money, SonyVegas seems popular amongst Windows users. Although if you really want quality, your best options are Abobe CC or Hitfilm. If you're on Mac, your best options are iMovie, FCPX, or Adobe CC.

Comment

I have hit film. But i keep getting this nasty lag. The audio and the video don't sync and the video is like 5x slower.

Comment

I'm a free software whore, but I've yet to see a midway decent free app for video editing--and I've looked at them all. Think about it--video editing is complex...free software that does it well with lots of options is just a dream.

If cost is a factor--and it always is--buy an older version of something on ebay--Final Cut or Premiere--both good. Sony Vegas maybe. An older version will save you $$, but allows you freedom to cut footage well--with filters and other options.

Kurt Hathaway
                  khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Windows movie maker is free, but it is very limited. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X