Time for an upgrade!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for an upgrade!

I've been working with imovie since I was 9 (so for about 6 years now) and I know it back to front! What cheap editing softwares do you recommend for filming action shorts? I am a very quick learner, so don't worry if it's a complicated software!
    To see my current work, click the link!
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIle...?feature=watch
    Cheers
    Christian Radclyffe
    SurvivalshortsHD

Hey whisk, what computer are you using?

Comment

A Mac OS X, Version 10.6.8
      SurvivalshortsHD

Comment

It's not cheap, I guess, depending on your budget, but I recommend Final Cut Pro v7.

Not even sure what the current price is on that.

ebay looks like it's about $600 for the whole Final Cut Studio set of apps [Motion, compressor, FCP, etc].

OR--you can buy an older version 5 or 6 for a LOT less. $100-$200.

That's how I started out in Final Cut--by buying an older version, learning it--then upgrading to more updated versions.

FCP X is whole different animal...redesigned from the ground up--and probably the most expensive version of FCP right now.

Adobe Premiere Pro is another app that works like FCP. Not sure what the current version is, but find out and buy an older version to save on cash.

Kurt Hathaway
        -------------------
        VikingDream7 Productions
        Video Production & Editing

khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for that! I have tried out FCP 7, but I haven't properly looked into it, so I have to do that! FCP X does look a lot like imovie, so I should try that too. I'll look into getting demos for them, to see which I like the most, before buying one!
          SurvivalshortsHD

Comment

What do you mean by cheap?
            -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X