Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intro needed for DiGi Distribution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intro needed for DiGi Distribution

    DiGi Distribution is looking for a professional intro to add for its films. We currently have a simple one that we use but we thought it would be great to see what some of you all come up with. If we select your intro then we will use it for some of our latest films coming to Redbox and iTunes!
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

  • #2
    What type of thing are you looking for?
    -AF

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I can give this a shot. Do you have a logo, font, or styling that you want incorporated for the name? I see on the web site it is just pretty plain written in all capital blocky font. Is this what you would like?

      Comment


      • #4
        I have no idea if this is at all what you're looking for, but here's a design:



        It still needs music or something, though... I'm not sure if it is too plain.
        Last edited by Anonymous Filmmaker; 07-07-2013, 04:46 AM. Reason: Wrong link
        -AF

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Here's kind of a rough sketch of my idea.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey AF I appreciate the time it would take for you to do that, only thing is picture from our point of view.

            We are going to be releasing some films with star talent, if you saw your intro before a movie would you think the movie would be high quality following it?

            Your a champ though and thanks for jumping in on this!

            Vance, LOVE the integration with the 0's and 1' (digital) - You guys totally did this without any direction and what we are looking for, but Vance you are headed in the right direction!

            My team simply wants to hire it out from the beginning, which we might do but I wanted to see if we could incorporate you guys somehow, and im glad I am!

            As far as quality I found Phase 4 films intro and thought this would give an example of the "quality" we are looking for, and if something thinks they can accomplish this but would need some money then just let me know

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCl5-CMe4QU
            Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh, I see what you mean. If I have time, I will give it another shot with something a little more complex.
              -AF

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Here is a more complex idea:



                It is not complete; i would speed that beginning part up and if you want I could adjust details, stuff like font and color, but it takes a lot of time, so I will only do it if you think you may use it.
                -AF

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
                  Here is a more complex idea:



                  It is not complete; i would speed that beginning part up and if you want I could adjust details, stuff like font and color, but it takes a lot of time, so I will only do it if you think you may use it.
                  AF, what did you put that together in?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by spacecadetmotionpictures View Post
                    AF, what did you put that together in?
                    I used After Effects CS6. I extruded the text with the plug-in Element 3D from videocopilot, I added the buildings from a videocopilot model pack called metropolitan, the flares with optical flares, and I just made the sky using fractal noise. (It comes with ae.)
                    -AF

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      AF you are the man, and I wish I had a higher rank on here because I would give it to you and Vance! I just don't feel that the quality will show the quality of the company, people are so judgmental :(
                      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
                        I used After Effects CS6. I extruded the text with the plug-in Element 3D from videocopilot, I added the buildings from a videocopilot model pack called metropolitan, the flares with optical flares, and I just made the sky using fractal noise. (It comes with ae.)
                        After Effects is pretty amazing. I almost thought maybe you did it in Max or Blender or something.

                        Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                        AF you are the man, and I wish I had a higher rank on here because I would give it to you and Vance! I just don't feel that the quality will show the quality of the company, people are so judgmental :(
                        I agree that the quality should be astoundingly high. It should probably be modeled and rendered in 4k and with all motion blur, frame blending and atmospheric effects turned on. Either that, or it needs to be super simple, which is the route I chose for myself, but that may change once I can do more.

                        I do have an idea that I might as well pitch. I've been kind of percolating on this since I first read this thread a few days ago, and Vance came close in theme to where my thoughts were headed...

                        [Hard Cut from Black:]

                        Some historically significant footage... Perhaps the first known motion film, the 1878 by Edward Muybridge horse footage.



                        Or a significant clip from your first feature, Nick, or one of the first features your company distributed.

                        Backed by the sounds of film flickering through a camera

                        [Fast Dolly In:]

                        Pixels can be seen.

                        Closer: At the surface of the "Screen": The image is made up flickering 1' and 0's in columns of Red, Green, Blue (with Zeros being black of course, but given some blending effect to make them 'visible').

                        The sound of the film flickering begins to morph into a digitized sound. Of data being transferred. Think that "Matrix" sound.

                        From here, we fly through the "screen" into the columns of 1's and 0's, each carrying the actual bit pattern of the footage shown above, extending outward and moving in a stream in the direction we are going.

                        We are moving very fast, and so is the stream of pixels. After a few seconds, ahead of us, the stream is overtaken with light and becomes over-exposed, sort of like the light at the end of the tunnel. Suddenly, we fly out of the stream and into black as the camera turns 180degrees and reveals another image being formed by the 1's and 0's at the pixel level. As we dolly away from this, it reveals the image of the DigiDistributors logo.

                        The digitized sound either fades out or morphes into the sounds of audience laughter, fright, or a short musical crescendo.

                        [Slow fade to black]

                        It's just an idea. I can see it in my head, but I know that it would require a substantial effort by a team to actually make and it's not really something I could just throw together in a few hours. I also, unfortunately, don't have that team. However, I would love to team up with the members of this forum (AF, Vance, etc.) and collaborate to create this or anything else

                        Logistically, the entire sequence would have to be painstakingly created in 3D. The footage used, would have to be broken down frame by frame and pixel by pixel to produce the actual bit pattern that would form the image. However, we would cheat and not create a proper 32-bit bit pattern. Each bit would just be a varying shade of Red, Blue or Green, which would really give the bit stream a lot of depth. I would also mix in some lens flares and other effects while in the stream to give it a very digital modern feel.

                        Does DigiDistributors have an official logo?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't really know any 3d software, only AE, but I would be happy to help with any smaller assorted tasks. (E.g. lens flares, etc.) It sounds like you have a great idea in mind! An idea for the pixelizing: cc ball dispersion in ae and then some sort of pixelizing effect on the particle things
                          -AF

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            spacecadetmotionpictures! Thanks so much for the tips! - We will be considering this for sure, I have a feeling that you have helped us out greatly! Also AF I can't thank you enough for just going for it and that also shows alot about your personality which I why I know you will be successful!
                            Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
                              I don't really know any 3d software, only AE, but I would be happy to help with any smaller assorted tasks. (E.g. lens flares, etc.) It sounds like you have a great idea in mind! An idea for the pixelizing: cc ball dispersion in ae and then some sort of pixelizing effect on the particle things
                              I know some of the software and I've played around in it, but I suck at 3D modeling!

                              Although, I would like to Direct and do Cinematography on a 3D project where everything is modeled by the pros... one day.

                              Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                              spacecadetmotionpictures! Thanks so much for the tips! - We will be considering this for sure, I have a feeling that you have helped us out greatly! Also AF I can't thank you enough for just going for it and that also shows alot about your personality which I why I know you will be successful!
                              No problem. I'm just glad to help and be a part of something. I think it'd be great to see this idea realized even if I'm not the creator.

                              I agree with you about AF! He's a real asset to the forum.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X