Premiere Import Footage settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere Import Footage settings

It seems that I own a guy an apology. I biught his used camcorder from amazon.com and returned it because of the poor footage that it took. I have found out that it is not the footage it is that I do not know how to import footage correctly so that I have a basis to start from.

Is there anyone here that use Adobe Premiere Pro? I'm current using CS6. I want to know the proper way to import footage with the right setting so that is is as good as the camera captured the footage.

I have search the forum for this and there was nothing that came up so I figured I would pose this here so that the next person who may have the same issue would have an answer. In the mean time I will be searching for the answer as well.

Sorry, but that's really too general of a question. You need to set your preferences to whatever type , or size of footage you've shot. Are you shooting HD? SD? What?

If it's HD, what size and frame rate do you want to edit with?

Probably better to s=tart off with what you shot and how you shot it. I can then give you a better explanation.

Comment

Yes, there should be a preset for exactly how you shot.
      -AF

sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the delay in response. I was taking footage from a DVD and editing it. Actually making a promo for my church from a DVD of our service. I got it going pretty good now. Premiere ask you if you want to change the Sequence settings to match the footage. It just seems that every time I import the footage it looked screwed with issues. I now know by looking at the original recording that the problem I originally seen is actually of the DVD. I thought the problem was created in the import of the footage.

Comment

Well, for future references, open your "Preferences" and change that to whatever you want. And I recommend that you use an external hard drive as footage eats a lot of space. If using an external hard drive, be sure to set your scratch disk to that hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Director View Post
            Well, for future references, open your "Preferences" and change that to whatever you want. And I recommend that you use an external hard drive as footage eats a lot of space. If using an external hard drive, be sure to set your scratch disk to that hard drive.
            Yes, Also, you can make a preset for your file type if there isn't one you like.
            -AF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Director View Post
              I built a Hackintosh and I have a 1TB 7200RPM second Hard Drive for footage storage. I also have extra bays in my enclosure to keep adding more storage Hard Drives. I put in a 120gb primary Solid State Hard Drive to run the system. Thank you for the information it is greatly appreciated.
              Last edited by Aaron Jones; 05-20-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Filmmaker View Post
                Yes, Also, you can make a preset for your file type if there isn't one you like.
                I will try and make that happen as my replacement primary camera is suppose to arrive tommorrow (HDR-AX2000).

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Jones View Post
                  I built a Hackintosh and I have a 1TB 7200RPM second Hard Drive for footage storage. I also have extra bays in my enclosure to keep adding more storage Hard Drives. I put in a 120gb primary Solid State Hard Drive to run the system. Thank you for the information it is greatly appreciated.
                  Nice going.

Comment

As director said, make sure to change the scratch drives and such. It will probably automatically choose the solid state.
                    -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X