Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postproduction: Best Final cut pro7 video format

Hi everyone,

Iīm searching a faster way to cut and export videos. Wenn I use a sony xdcam-ex is the entire postproduction workflow really fast, while with my other camera - eos-550d - is slower.

I have to upload on my youtube channel every week 6-8 short videos, thatīs why I need to cut them quickly (no metter if the movie file is big, my upload speed is very good.)

So the question is, which is the video format which Final cut pro 7 handles and processes easier/faster?
    I need another camera, should I buy another sony xdcam-ex which is very fast with FC7? or do you know if thereīs any other faster possibility?

Many thanks for your precious help!!

I'm not certain whether the specifics of your workflow are different from mine, but I personally import all of my footage using the ProRes422 codec and set my timeline for that, then export in h.264 for web. It works great for me, and I'm using an ancient G5 running FCP6.

Apologies if this is not relevant to your question.
    2001 Productions Web Site

Comment

Originally posted by beblain View Post
      Hi everyone,

Iīm searching a faster way to cut and export videos. Wenn I use a sony xdcam-ex is the entire postproduction workflow really fast, while with my other camera - eos-550d - is slower.

I have to upload on my youtube channel every week 6-8 short videos, thatīs why I need to cut them quickly (no metter if the movie file is big, my upload speed is very good.)

So the question is, which is the video format which Final cut pro 7 handles and processes easier/faster?
      I need another camera, should I buy another sony xdcam-ex which is very fast with FC7? or do you know if thereīs any other faster possibility?

Many thanks for your precious help!!
      Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ) is a fast export, but your file will be large, but if your upload speed is fast then you should be good.
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Here's my tried and true export method. It gives me the best quality at the fastest speed using FCP 7. It also has a fast YouTube upload.

1. File >Export >Using Quicktime conversion
        2. First window, change :Format" to "Mpeg 4"
        3. Change the "Use" setting to "Broadband High"
        4 Click on "Options" and "Second" window will open
        5. Leave "Video Format" at "H.264"
        6. Change "Data Rate" to "3000"
        7. Change "Optimized For" "CD/DVD-Rom" (Trust me on this. Don't choose Streaming)
        8. Change "Image Size" to either "1280X720 HD", or "1920X1080 HD"
        9. Click "Ok" Second window will close
        10 Click the "Save" button and that's it.

Let me know how that works for you :)~

Comment

Working...
        X