Reducing acne redness?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing acne redness?

I've been unfortunate to have had terrible acne in the past, and while it has lessened very considerably in the last few years, i'm left with the occasional red patch. When I try to film myself ( I'm working with a Sony Handicam) my entire complexion becomes an ugly pink! Does anyone know the best way to fix this? Make up doesn't do much, and i'm rather neophyte-ish at anything but basic editing (using Cyberlink Powerdirector, btw).

I saw this title and was like "Here comes the spam"

Comment

Hi Ryan, have you tried messing around with the white balance on the camera? My guess would be you are a bit on the orange pink side because of the white balance. BUT I am not sure which version of the camera you are using so i cant say for sure.

[at]charles - This website if for useful posts, questions, answers ONLY
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
        Hi Ryan, have you tried messing around with the white balance on the camera? My guess would be you are a bit on the orange pink side because of the white balance. BUT I am not sure which version of the camera you are using so i cant say for sure.

[at]charles - This website if for useful posts, questions, answers ONLY
        umm...does DCR-SX85 help? the number on the side of the camera.

Comment

You might be able to do something with it in post production. I know a couple of tricks in After Effects if you happen to have that program.

I would be able to give you a pretty good answer if you could maybe upload some test footage.
          http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

Yup, forgot about editing :)

There is a good chance you can work something out in editing for sure

*EDIT* Keep in mind you should never count on correcting something in editing, always try and get the best lighting and colors while filming.
            Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

I actually believe there is a plug in for AE that you can use called blemish reduction or something of that nature that someone made a while back. I've never used it, but I'm like 95% sure i remember seeing something like that one time.
              http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

I just shot some test footage in order to show you all, but after looking at it, the problem doesn't really present itself. Maybe the lighting had something to do with it. All the times i'm complaining about seem to have been shot in overcast outdoors or dim rooms, it's too nice out today to really get it across.

Comment

I don't know what features Cyberlink Power Director has, but if you can, you can do color correction with masks.

-AF
                  -AF

sigpic

Comment

In the professional world of make-up artists, when they come across complexions like you have, they typically use a green cream base before they apply the make-up. The green will hide a multitude of skin problems, and no, your face will not look green.

Also, if you have After Effects, you can change a person's complexion.

Comment

Working...
                    X