Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need something to edit and will do it for free

Hello everyone,

I went to film school with an emphasis in post production, but that was years ago, and I haven't done anything with it. I have recently decided that I need to get back into it and I need to get examples of my abilities, but all of the stuff that I did in in film school is lost forever. That's why I'm offering my services as an editor for free with the condition that you let me put it up on my Youtube as an example of my work. It's actually ok if the product has already been edited by someone else and I do an alternate edit as long as I can put my version on my Youtube to show people.

Here's the kind of project I would like to see:
    1. Material that is well shot and looks good
    2. Decent coverage
    3. Interesting plot or subject matter
    4. Final running time under 10 minutes

Thanks, and hope to hear from someone soon.

If you got a camera, go out and shoot something. Write up a 5 or 10 minute short film and shoot it. Thats probably the quickest way of producing content for your reel.
    http://leealexander.weebly.com/

Comment

I plan on doing that as well. However, it takes a lot of time in pre-production, then production, plus at least some not insignificant amount of money to shoot something good, so there's a limit on how fast I can accumulate this sort of footage. Therefore, I thought if other people had footage as well that they needed editing, it could be a win-win situation.

Comment

In a sense yes but you can also shoot mood pieces that doesn't require a budget. Write up a sceenplay that can be shot for a day. Either you can be the actor in it or get someone locally that is interested in acting and will do it for free. Currently the production I'm working on is literally no budget in terms of paying people cast and crew. Really the only out of pocket expenses is feeding the volunteers whenever we shoot a whole day which is sporadic because of people's work schedule. My friend wrote and is directing the feature film and this is the results we are getting just within the first 5 minutes of it and thats with no budget:

So it can be done, you just gotta improvise use whatever resources you have around you. Shoot, if you lived closer, I'd be glad to help you shoot something really cool so that you can edit it and stuff :)
        http://leealexander.weebly.com/

Comment

Man, if I had some of my documentary footage I would through you some. Ill see if I cant get you some footage
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

[at]thewhixfx: That movie looks really good so far. I hope I can see more of it when it's finished!

[at]Nick: If you could find some footage, that'd be awesome. Thanks!

Comment

hey you still looking for stuff to get involved with?

Comment

If you're interested I can give you a scene from my defunct project Leading Lady with the script and you can edit it. It's good practice for narrative. I think the footage is good for what it is...

The thing with footage I've found is bringing the scene alive regardless of what's on the page.

Comment

Working...
                X