Maverick Entertainment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maverick Entertainment

This company distributed my feature "Cult" I got my quarterly reports as usual and everything was legit. Though I felt they could have done a bit more in certain areas.

If your movie is at least 72 mins and 24 fps with a nipple, they will distribute your film.

Sometimes I wish i waiting a bit longer before talking there deal, not talking crap but just talking out loud. :)

They are legit, but they will pound you with marketing expenses.
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Where did they distribute it?

Comment

US Domestic DVD

Comment

Cult

Cult was your film? I'm pretty sure Sarah Lieving was in that. If it's the one with Taryn Manning. She had a role in the promotional trailer for The Utah Murder Project and co-starred in my 35mm thesis film back in 03'. But I remember hearing about this movie a couple years ago.

Comment

Yeah, Im just curious where "Cult" can be found as far as Netflix, Best Buy, Wal Mart. Or is it strictly online sales? I really feel that self-distribution is the way to go. You can market your film to whomever you want online and there's no end to how many people you can reach.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on how well this company is marketing your film and to whom.

Comment

Does it need to be 72 minutes including credits or should it be 72 minutes of actual movie to be on the safe side?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinozo View Post
              Yeah, Im just curious where "Cult" can be found as far as Netflix, Best Buy, Wal Mart. Or is it strictly online sales? I really feel that self-distribution is the way to go. You can market your film to whomever you want online and there's no end to how many people you can reach.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on how well this company is marketing your film and to whom.
              Cult was in Blockbuster stores, then Hollywood video, its has since moved to online rental or purchase. Some Rental stores might still have a copy.

The Cult DVD Rental, Rent The Cult Movie Online

Originally posted by roninfilmer View Post
              Does it need to be 72 minutes including credits or should it be 72 minutes of actual movie to be on the safe side?
              All of my contracts requested a minimum of 72. Even though wiki states a feature is 65, lots of distro companies wont take them if there less then 72 (with credits)

Comment

If any of you are about to complete a movie, I wouldn't suggest going with traditional low-budget companies, I would hold off a bit more until I get my company going DiGi Distribution, just wanting to complete this production and ill launch it.

Comment

How much can you get for selling in to them?
                  I'm assuming it depends on what they believe they can do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by IndieFilmmaker View Post
                    How much can you get for selling in to them?
                    I'm assuming it depends on what they believe they can do with it.
                    How much could I get? Like for my future film?

Comment

I mean.
                      How much can Joey get if he sells his film to them.
                      Either past or present.

Comment

Oh shoot, thats a tough question. I would have to see it to compare what my film brought in.

Comment

Does Maverick pay all up front? I have heard there is a process where Maverick pays you in parts and it gets difficult to get the money from them. Did you run into any problems with this or was Maverick a functional company to deal with? Are there any pot holes that you recommend to watch out with Maverick?

Thanks.

Comment

This was 07, so I have not clue what Doug is up to, or if they are even still distributing.

Yes they gave advances in two parts one month apart. X amount on July 1st and X amount on August 1st.

Again, im not sure how they do things now, If your film is really good, I wouldn't go with them, all of my films with them were low-budget horrors, so I dont want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Comment

ok nick. i have a low budget feature in preproduction wat d way to go?

Comment

Working...
                              X