Warning: Use of undefined constant THIS_SCRIPT - assumed 'THIS_SCRIPT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/filmmakerforum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(369) : eval()'d code on line 25 Indie Distributors - Filmmaker Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indie Distributors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indie Distributors

Lets start with some facts - You cannot send your film to (example) Lions Gate Home Entertainment - they will not except it, I will create a list of companies that you cannot send your film too without a connection, or they will ignore you and possibly ruin your chance of getting distribution through them

Companies you can send your film too (AFTER YOU SIGN THE ACQUISITION FORM)

American World Pictures - Dee is the acquisitions head and a wonderful person, they just moved offices but should be settles in by now (+1 from Nick Soares)
    GrindStone - Owned by Lions Gate Entertainment to purchase to lower end feature films
    Maverick Entertainment - Doug CEO is a great guy and runs a legit company - Constantly call them if they forget to call you and you will stay updated. (+1 Nick Soares)
    Image Entertainment - Normally they handle purchasing library films - They currently own my film Cult

My experience ^^^

Rest of list coming soon -Hope this info can help and indie out there

Indie Distributors list coming soon.

If you want an email when the list in complete post here
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Indie Distributors list coming soon.

If you want an email when the list in complete post here
    Yes, please let me know when you have a list available.

Comment

Originally posted by actorwriter View Post
      Yes, please let me know when you have a list available.
      Sure thing

Comment

I would love such a list for when I make the leap from writing and filming shorts to filming my feature.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog View Post
          I would love such a list for when I make the leap from writing and filming shorts to filming my feature.

Thanks.
          Ill have the list up tomorrow, and ill have reviews on the ones I worked with.

Comment

List updated a bit,

Comment

updated

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                You cannot send your film to Lions Gate Home Entertainment - they will not except it, I will create a list of companies that you cannot send your film too without a connection, or they will ignore you and possibly ruin your chance of getting distribution through them
                How could they ruin your chance?

Comment

Originally posted by googlemyfacebooks View Post
                  How could they ruin your chance?
                  "Can" - Because if you randomly send an "unsolicited" screener to them it is considered a liability to the publicly traded company. They don't except these because your film could possibly be similar to one they are just about to release, and when they do release it you can say "thats my idea" and try and sue them. So they prevent this by purchasing films from Sundance, GrindStone etc... and not from random submissions. So if you do submit your film randomly you become a liability and "can" hurt your chances.

Hope that helps :)

Comment

Hi Nick,
                    Absolutely, please send the list.

Comment

Originally posted by rickiholmes View Post
                      Hi Nick,
                      Absolutely, please send the list.
                      Ahh thanks for this reminder, I will update the original post as soon as I can

Comment

Please send me the list as well. I certainly appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                        X