Kinonation Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinonation Review

Hey guys, its been a while but I thought of this forum after attempting to use Kinonation as a aggregator.

Here is my review of Kinonation for my film (a horror film - 90 minutes)

Kinonation Review:

#1 Kinonation is not a direct aggregator

#2 This company is blowing smoke up so many filmmakers ass's its not even funny.

#3 They are terrible at responding to emails

#4 Kinonation is blowing smoke to seem bigger then they are so they (in the future) can land these direct deals. So in the mean time ever filmmaker is suffering because of this snake like approach to becoming a distribution company.

#5 Stay clear of Kinonation

Here is what I did for anyone who reads this thread:

iTunes - I used Bitmax (though I am bummed that they just have regular file reports, and they are late on reporting)

Hulu - Distribber (Everything went smooth, though it took about 2 months to go live)

Netflix - Juice (I still have not heard back yet, I guess Netflix takes 6 months at times to respond.)

--- All of the above went/is going great, so please do stay away from Kinonation which should be called Bullshitnation! ---

Kinonation review

Wow glad I found this post, I could not believe all the fake crap that is out there. This is like another "Virool" where they sell smoke, and smoke only. Kinonation does not deserve to be in the VOD world because I am sure they are just trying to make money and are not trying to make a difference in the VOD world. Kinonation should just go and die. I bet they are building up all this fake attention so they can find some capital and then actually turn it into a real company but Like you said Eric, only after they fake it till they make it. I am so shocked that no one is talking more about this fake company, or I guess that is good. Maybe no is writing on them because it they all know its true too.

Comment

Can you elaborate?

I've been looking at Kinonation, but only found info on their site and through the posts on Indiewire (I think). Can you elaborate on your post? How exactly are they blowing smoke? Are they not delivering films, or are the films not being placed? It would be nice to know some details, so I don't screw up by going with them. Thanks!

Originally posted by EricTheMan View Post
      Hey guys, its been a while but I thought of this forum after attempting to use Kinonation as a aggregator.
      #2 This company is blowing smoke up so many filmmakers ass's its not even funny.

Comment

Obviously we're never happy when a filmmaker customer is dissatisfied with the service they got from Kinonation. And at the same time it's important that we address (and refute) the above complaints, which are quite serious allegations. It's hard for us to delve into exactly what went wrong here since the poster "EricTheMan" has chosen not to use his real name or identify the film he submitted to Kinonation. We ingest, process & distribute hundreds of films every month to dozens of VOD outlets globally, so without knowing at least the film name we can't say exactly what the problems were with this film or why it didn't pass our QC process or otherwise make it thru the Kinonation system.

To address the specific issues raised by "EricTheMan" one by one:

1. "Kinonation is not a direct aggregator" -- Kinonation IS most certainly a direct aggregator to all of the VOD platforms we distribute to except to iTunes where we use the services of bitMax.

2. "This company is blowing smoke up so many filmmakers ass's (sic) its not even funny." -- Kinonation is one of the most transparent aggregators in the space, as evidenced by the fifty "Diary of a Movie Startup" posts on Hope for Film. http://hopeforfilm.com/tag/roger-jackson
        And unlike almost all other aggregators or distributors, we charge no upfront fees, and we're 100% non-exclusive with no fixed contract terms.

3. "They are terrible at responding to emails" -- we get literally thousands of emails every month, which are funneled into our Customer Response Management system (Zendesk) and responded to, typically within 72 hours. With this volume of email, we occasionally drop the ball, which we obviously did with "EricTheMan."

4. "Kinonation is blowing smoke to seem bigger then they are so they (in the future) can land these direct deals." -- This appears to make the same point as #2 above

We have hundreds of delighted filmmaker customers whose films are getting watched on multiple platforms, and who are getting paid regular, substantial royalties on their films by Kinonation.

A few sample links to, hopefully, refute the notion that we're "blowing smoke" -- these are some of the films & TV shows Kinonation has successfully distributed to VOD platforms over the past 2 years:

Hulu - http://bit.ly/1Cg1tUj
        Amazon - http://amzn.to/1uds6Vi
        Vimeo - http://bit.ly/1y6KEvt
        IMDb - http://imdb.to/1IHIfsK

Kinonation Support
        Santa Monica, California
        support[at]kinonation.com

Comment

Comment

Film can be sold for money now?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................... ...............................

that gives me an idea.

Comment

Working...
            X