FilmDemic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FilmDemic

Does anyone have anything to say about these guys? Good or bad?

I have never heard of them before, but I did some research. A site trying to do something like that can only benefit the filmmaker if the filmmaker does the marketing themselves, I believe you will see lots of site like this popping up soon but unless that site is getting massive traffic then I would hold off and do more research. Lots of filmmakers dont realize that once you upload a film on a site like that (even though they claim you hold most rights) you can still loose you chances with other descent distribution companies that can do good for your film.

There traffic is very low (forgot to add that in there)
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Thanks Nick for the advice. I always thought it was easier to distribute a film than getting it made. Now :eek:

Comment

[at]GMackenzie

I think they are developing out a new Facebook Streaming App with a few hundred indie titles in it. I found it on Facebook: apps.facebook.com/moviestreaming/

I have worked with companies where I have uploaded films, mixed results. My experience is, unless a BIG studio buys your movie, you have to push the marketing yourself if you want to get it started, otherwise it just blends in to the thousands of indie films out there.

Comment

Matt,

Have you used the app on facebook? I'm a bit reluctant to sign up when they want access to your private info

Comment

I've used the app and it uses your basic info and your Facebook activity to suggest titles your way. You can also uninstall the app at any time. Plus its cool browse trailers on there for free while still being logged into your Facebook account.

Comment

Matt, are you using FilmDemic with one of your movies?
              Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Matt, are you using FilmDemic with one of your movies?
                I was just going to ask that..

Comment

No. But I know some of the filmmakers who have some titles up there.

Comment

Working...
                  X