Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Film Is 65 Minutes Long. Is that a problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Film Is 65 Minutes Long. Is that a problem?

I just finished a rough cut, and my film is coming in at 65 minutes. It's pretty tight with no filler scenes. I trimmed the screenplay to its bare minimum before I even started shooting. The credits haven't been added.

I checked the digi distribution site and saw that 60 minutes was the minimum length. Am I okay? Or should I consider reworking the story and shoot more?

I think I talked with Nick about this, and I think that as long as it is at least 60 minutes then you are fine (FOr VOD) but for DVD now I think it is 72 Minutes..

Comment

Originally posted by payperfilm View Post
      I just finished a rough cut, and my film is coming in at 65 minutes. It's pretty tight with no filler scenes. I trimmed the screenplay to its bare minimum before I even started shooting. The credits haven't been added.

I checked the digi distribution site and saw that 60 minutes was the minimum length. Am I okay? Or should I consider reworking the story and shoot more?
      Hey payperfilm If you are over 60 minutes then you are fine. 60 is the BARE minimum that will even be considered so you might want to figure out how to add an extra scene in their. I know it might be a pain but I never suggest being near the minimum.
      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Thanks Nick and Mark! It's just my artistic inclination to keep things as lean as possible especially from the beginning. I just watched a movie with a series of meaningless scenes and kept wondering when something was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by payperfilm View Post
          Thanks Nick and Mark! It's just my artistic inclination to keep things as lean as possible especially from the beginning. I just watched a movie with a series of meaningless scenes and kept wondering when something was going to happen.
          Right, Right, so if you feel the scene will make your film worse then do not add it, just keep it at 65 :)
          Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Well credits can add on a bit, and then I would throw in some stock landscape footage as transitions. Hopefully that can boost it up to 72 mins

Comment

Ahhh... when Artistic Elements also benefits you by not only adding a clever element for your end product, but also fluffs it up for the distributor's happiness!
              Find me on Twitter: [at]Shadoe_Fox

Comment

Hey Nick and others,
                If I make a 72 minutes film in Hindi (National language of India) will Digi Distribution be interested? or should it only be in English? I know English is the preferred language as it has a much larger audience, but I don't mind having a limited audience.
                Also let me know which camera to use. I intend to use found footage and a Sony Handicam.
                Last edited by Zen 786; 04-23-2013, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X