Need Composer For Free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Composer For Free

Hi, I am going to be filming a new short film in February so I need a composer who can make some music for me but who does not charge. You will be credited both in the credits and possibly IMBD. Here is a Spotify link to show you what kind of music I need. Thanks so much in advance! http://open.spotify.com/user/jackoja...lOy4xMKTT3rY6e

I'm not signed up for spotify, so I don't know what you're looking for. I'm just starting a new job. But, if once your scenes are edited, and you don't have anyone else doing the music, let me know and I'll see what I can whip up.

Comment

Well, just Google these names and listen to them on YouTube: Penetration (The Social Network), Level Plauging Field (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) and The Mighty Rio Grande.

Comment

They're advanced soundscapes. Remember that you're asking for something from someone's basement and not a massive studio where these were probably done. So, the quality will not be the same.

Here's a few crappy (I should be banned from ever touching a camera)vacation videos where I used songs I wrote and recorded by myself, completely on a Korg M1. I wish I still had that keyboard. I still love those sounds.

Comment

I know that the quality will be nowhere near as good as what I showed, it was just something to give you an idea. I actually really liked the music in the first video. Something like that would be good. Although I am looking for more piano/keyboard centric pieces.

Comment

It that what they're calling it now? When Enya did it, it was new age music.

Comment

Hi, I have never worked on music for ANY film, but I think I would like to give it a shot. I am a (good) pianist and (not so good) guitarist, and I've been playing around with orchestral samples for 8 months now. I am best at emotional music and worst at horror soundscapes. If you're looking specifically for the kind of music in your link, I think I can do that.

My SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/rstepinski, I didn't upload any music of the kind you're looking for but I've done some pieces like that. Shitty quality is because of shitty MP3 encoding, the latest one is much better.

Comment

Man, your music is awesome! Your music, to me, sounds like something from the Bourne movies.I would not use those first few pieces of music in my film but would be great in others. But Aurora Borealis would go perfect in my film. I definitely want you on board if you are willing to do it for free + name in the credits and possibly IMDB credit. I won't need an original score until I finish filming but when I am I will need your brilliance! :) Thanks so much, you are really good! It is great to hear that you could do something like what I linked! But of course you have to add your own flare to it and make it yours :P

Comment

If you wanna use it, go ahead, it's all free, just credit me, I am soon gonna start up a website with uncompressed .wav versions of it :)

Comment

I would prefer it if when I finish filming I could send you the film so you could make an original score for it. Can you do that? :)

Comment

Sure, I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Thank you so much! I am super happy right now! :) Check out my Facebook Page and Twitter for updates: www.facebook.com/jackjfilms www.twitter.com/jackjfilms

Comment

If you're still looking for someone, I can do advanced soundscape design as well as create the music and at a high quality level. If you can give me a scene to write a cue for I'd be happy to do it to show you what I've got.

Cheers!

EDIT:

So I threw this little demo piece together. With Penetration in mind, but more piano oriented as you specified.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-cating/the-emotion/s-sjpFU
                          Last edited by Anthony Locke; 02-03-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Locke View Post
                            If you're still looking for someone, I can do advanced soundscape design as well as create the music and at a high quality level. If you can give me a scene to write a cue for I'd be happy to do it to show you what I've got.

Cheers!

EDIT:

So I threw this little demo piece together. With Penetration in mind, but more piano oriented as you specified.

I still really want you for the job, I am just having trouble with actors :( But I will still be needing you in about March (filming will still probably start in Feb). I really liked The Emotion, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. You are really good!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Locke View Post

Cheers!

EDIT:

I really liked that, so I will have a think about it. :) Sorry, I thought your were the original composer! I jumped to the conclusion :)

Comment

Working...
                              X