What's Always Nice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Always Nice

If you have complete confidence in what you're doing is good and right, you're either arrogant or a genius. I'm not either.

If you're like the rest of us, you think you know what you're doing. But, every once in a while look to others for guidance.

The movie I'm editing (as I've written before) is a demo for the actors. So, all the music is stolen, and I've used quite a few hits. By using this stolen material it's made it hard to compose mood music for certain scenes. You can't back up a Phil Spector production with a strumming guitar recorded in a basement and expect it to work.

So, I've been working on a simple score of just electric guitar(I'm a good guitarist, by no means great) and I'm listening to what I'm doing and I love it. The next day I hate it. Back and forth till I got to the point where I stopped working on it.

I finally sent samples to abunch of musicians who I respect, and I got unainimous response that they all loved it. Didn't like it, loved it. They thought it fit perfectly with what I was trying to do.

It's nice when you think you're doing something right, and people you respect confirm it.

Find those special people and look to them if you're unsure.
Working...
X