Composer Introduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Composer Introduction

Hey everyone... what is up? Well allow me to introduce myself... My name is Robert Garner, composer/producer/arranger/sound designer and engineer. I write music for visual and interactive mediums. I would like to get involved with many small projects, and help out fellow filmmakers realize their true vision of their film. I write in many different forms and styles. From electronic to classical, from comedy to drama, I can do just about anything I am asked. My intention is to bring a superior quality score, what ever the style, to content creators on the modest of budgets. I own just about every professional tool and instrument one could have, my rates are competitive yet modest, and I love doing it.... So without further ado, I will leave some audio samples for everybody to check out. Although my website is still under construction... feel free to visit my reverberation profile (link below) for additional audio samples.

-Robert

http://www.reverbnation.com/robertgarner

Welcome to the forum!
    -AF

sigpic

Comment

thank you

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Just listened to the sample.... like, the whole thing! WOW, you are good. How much do you charge on average?
          -AF

sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I'm surprised you listened to it all... its allot of music, lol. On average for independent shorts... $50/min of music is a good starting price. This is just a base value which would vary depending on budget, length, style, script, the musics role, and other factors. If you have credited and paid talent, are using 2 $5,000 cameras, cutting on avid and paying a crew for compositing, editing, sound, and have rented out locations... then I hope you would have budgeted for music production, or else I wont work with you. However on the end, there are also service trades we can always explore. If you don't have allot of money, but you are a program... awesome, help me with my site. You are a cinematographer... great, help me with a photo shoot, or a some short info videos or something... We need to help out each other as best we can. However, if you have the money, and your project screams high production value, pay the composer too... lol. :)

Comment

Hey! Robert Garner

Welcome to this wonderful site. I'm also very new to this forum and looking into starting my own hobby as a Film Composer. I'm in the process of taking some classes at the local junior college on MIDI:Composition using Pro Tools software. I would appreciated any suggestion or advice.
              Elizabeth Ortiz

Comment

Working...
              X