What do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

I've never been interested in this line of work (photo editing/poster making... whatever it is), but I gave it a go for the first time. I just very simply added the text and my partner added the effect after today's shoot.
    "Nobody knows anything"

I feel like the actor is awkwardly positioned in the photo. But besides that it isn't too bad.

I would absolutely change the text though, looks kind of generic.

Not bad for your first try ever though!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnlyHavey

Comment

The picture of the guy is very interesting in the way he is positioned, the grainy texture, the colors and the look on his face.

IMO, it would look a lot better if you would re-do the texts, go wild with it, maybe try putting them on sideways.

The bevel and emboss effect on the text is not working, it looks very cheap. Maybe try a different font with no effects.

Comment

I may give your font suggestions a go when I get some down time. I didn't really see it before, but you're both right about it being generic
        "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

I like it! I might add or extend (can't tell if you have one already) a vignette. Also, the underline is hard to see, so either make it bigger or get rid of it. Nice job!
          -AF

sigpic

Comment

I'm tough on posters. I've always hired someone, and they've all worked very cheap. But, for a first shot this is good, the fonts are bad. But, it's better than the cover art for the Tom Cruise movie John Reacher. I've never seen a cheesier DVD cover for such a huge star.

Comment

You create a powerful image with the title, but the star should definitely make a more macho pose. He has a look of boyish wonder on his face.
              L A Morgan
              Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
              http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

Alright, I've been absent for a week or so now, and I apologise. This project is killing me. Anyway, how's this?:

"Nobody knows anything"

Comment

I like the feel, but I think the words are a little too hard to see.
                  -AF

sigpic

Comment

The concept is good. They're both good.

The font is better on this one (behind him) but the size and positioning is awkward.

His face is a little too washed out (for my taste anyway).

Making a poster is an artform in and of itself. If you gave this to a graphics designer with either concept, they'd knock it out of the park. If you advertise, you can find someone to do it for credit. Everyone starts somewhere.

If you have a little extra cash, that's even better.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDisaster View Post
                      Alright, I've been absent for a week or so now, and I apologise. This project is killing me. Anyway, how's this?:
                      Hey Master Disaster!

The answers you seek are right in front of you. Just look at some of your favorite movie posters and compare them to yours. There is lots of misunderstanding when filmmakers first enter the industry that they have to be different, there are reasons why things work and why they do not, just look at what is successful and what is not and the answers to your artwork will stare you right in the face :)
                      Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Thanks for all the tips! I will say, the text is suppose to look like a shadow, which is why it's difficult to read, perhaps a technique I shall either work on or avoid in the future... if I ever make a poster again
                        "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

For the text, bigger and slightly less out of focus may make it easier to read, while still being in the shadows.
                          -AF

sigpic

Comment

I think an action shot would be cooler, like he has his weapon aimed at someone or the camera. When is the series going to be released?
                            L A Morgan
                            Novels, Screenplays, Short Scripts, and Music
                            http://lamorganwriter.com

Comment

Originally posted by L A Morgan View Post
                              I think an action shot would be cooler, like he has his weapon aimed at someone or the camera. When is the series going to be released?
                              Good idea. Maybe text in the viewfinder?
                              -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X