I Want to Start My Own Comic Book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want to Start My Own Comic Book

Hello, I was doing well on my future projects, but my "team" decided to leave me on my own due to school and other personal interests. Since I'm left with only badly drawn storyboards and half finished scripts, I was thinking of turning them into comics.
    But since I can't draw anything, I was thinking of taking photos and editing them to make them look like animation, but I know I'm gonna have a lot of negative feedback if I do that.
    Any thoughts or ideas, anyone?

Thank You for your time.

-Alexis Castellanos (MightyFilms)
    Last edited by Mighty Films; 12-05-2012, 10:37 PM.

#1 They never should have left you,

#2 You can do a comic book any style you choose!

#3 You never know, your style might be the new hot thing?!
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      #1 They never should have left you,

#2 You can do a comic book any style you choose!

#3 You never know, your style might be the new hot thing?!

Thanks for the support. I've started brainstorming and rewriting scripts.

P.S. Also, do you know where I could present my comic once it's complete?

Comment

I do not, but I do have a crazy idea when you compete it. Maybe complete the comic book, then start a indiegogo campaign to get them to the people that want the product, you will have to be creative, but there are creative ways to actually sell products using their platform. (Just thinking out loud, literally)

Comment

I'll look into it.

Thank you so much for your help. I'll try to find aspiring artists in my local area to work with. But for now it's just me on my own

Comment

Mighty Films,

Contact me. I've been in the comics field for over 20 years and have some resources you can definitely use.

In addition to my video work, I run a graphics studio and have had tons of comics clients, including DC Comics, Marvel Comics and tons of others.

I'm at:

khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Kurt Hathaway
            -------------------
            VikingDream7 Productions
            Video Production & Editing

Comment

post some samples of your recent work :) - Let me know if you dont know how to post pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Films View Post
                Thanks for the support. I've started brainstorming and rewriting scripts.

P.S. Also, do you know where I could present my comic once it's complete?
                One possibility is self publishing it as an e-comic book. Smashwords is one site for that

Comment

Yeah i know how it feels to loose your team. I rounded up a few people but then it ended up with all them doing there own things. As of right now im trying to make films by myself. Even have been trying to prefect cameras moving without a camera man and duplicating myself to be separate characters.

You could always make animations in flash as well. I was thinking about doing animations though they can be quite hard...Though you can always make stick men as well.
                  Last edited by Troy; 01-23-2013, 09:48 PM.
                  The newbie.

Comment

As of now I am getting started on the story. Im not an artist but I am practicing background designs on Google Sketchup. Im not so sure how im going to do the characters though and I don't have the budget for an independent artist, I can't even draw stick figures!

Comment

Also; If i want to create a Facebook page for comics that I have made, under what category should I put it in?

Comment

Don't they have an "Entertainment" option? Im not sure, I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
                          Don't they have an "Entertainment" option? Im not sure, I forgot.
                          Yes they do. I have already created it under "Book"

Comment

Ahh, ok. Good choice.

Comment

I've done research into this, as a alternative to film.

First of all, you should consider the various comics forums, because they will have others who can guide you. And second, you can of course google.

That said, if you do NOT have a proper team in place, and, if you do NOT have proper drawings, you may want to reconsider doing comics, because the result won't be good. I hate drawing, so I decided comics may not be for me.

I suggest you try and get another team together and make a film out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X