Can someone clarify the rules for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone clarify the rules for me?

I put up a post which was a 15 sentence post about needing a documentary filmmaker for a project, telling a 6 year story in those brief sentences.

My post was deleted and I asked for clarification about how to specifically word the post so it would not be deleted.

I was told to ďkeep it short.Ē

The moderators inbox is full so I cannot ask for more info.

As someone who used to create solicited TV pilots for Turner Networks, Iím familiar with how to keep a pitch short and effective.

I can express to you the difficulty of crushing 1,800 days of information into 15 sentences and how it can create misunderstandings and uncessary confusion.

If I make it shorter it will just lead to me having to repeatedly explain the same situation over and over again to dozens of people.

Can someone explain to me the rules about pitching in here because Iím very confused?
    Last edited by SeekingDocFilmmakers; 03-23-2019, 05:26 AM.

Keep it brief - just a few sentences. Don't attack anyone, even without naming them.

If you are looking for someone to work with you, include your email address and/or tell people to DM you for more info.

Avoid having to repeat yourself by having a pdf ready to send to anyone who expresses interest.

My inbox is now clear.
    Last edited by mara; 03-23-2019, 08:39 AM.
    Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Originally posted by mara View Post
      Keep it brief - just a few sentences. Don't attack anyone, even without naming them.

If you are looking for someone to work with you, include your email address and/or tell people to DM you for more info.

Avoid having to repeat yourself by having a pdf ready to send to anyone who expresses interest.

My inbox is now clear.
      What she said :)

Comment

Originally posted by mara View Post

My inbox is now clear.
        i changed your inbox limit to 10,000 let me know if it worked :)

Comment

Working...
        X