Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think Deleted And Alternate Scenes Count?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Think Deleted And Alternate Scenes Count?

Hi, I recently watched The Gift (absolutely mind blowingly awesome film by the way) and I thought that the ending was really smart and interesting. But I just watched a deleted alternate ending (that I will not spoil) and I (and the obviously the director) thought that it lowered the films quality had it been in the theatrical cut. So do you think that a deleted or alternate scene counts in the film's "canon" and that it should affect your opinion and the quality of the film? I am not sure myself...

NO. Part (a big part) of filmmaking is the editing, and the decision-making that goes into the final cut. I believe you should judge any movie on its final version. However, I give filmmakers lots of credit for sharing the wrong choices that they almost made.
    Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

no way. If it didn't make the final cut, then it's purely for lolz and not really a part of the actual story. that's why it's cut!

Comment

No.
        They are called deleted scenes for a reason.

Adjusting your opinion based on deleted scenes would be like judging a movie on their blooper reel in the credits or watching the bad takes.
        It makes no sense.

Comment

Whenever I do see deleted scenes, I always regret watching them! Always so bad, that you have to wonder why they even filmed them in the first place.

Comment

lol, you never cut a shot or a scene that looked good on paper but didn't work or was not needed on screen?

Comment

Working...
            X