What Could Have Been!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Could Have Been!

When I was a kid, I was the smallest boy in school. 10th grade is when I was no longer the smallest boy. If I was on the show Freaks and Geeks, I'd definitely be a freak. I was then, and I still am.

By no means is my face good looking. I've always been bad looking. I still am. So, I'm short, bald and used to be heavy. Since August I've lost 12 lbs. One of my only pluses is I'm 55 and most people think I'm in my mid-forties. So, that's cool.

I've always been attracted to very pretty girls. I would be one of those guys that had a huge crush on the Plastics, but never had a chance. Ever. Possibly if I had money they'd have used me for the cash and never put out. But, I've always been poor, so boo hoo for me.

Well, I've recently seen photos of quite a few of the really attractive girls I had crushes on, and I can only say WHEW. I would be the attractive one if I was in a relationship with any of these people.

I was also the shortest boy in school until the 6th grade when Mark Conrad came to school. Funny how we remember those things. I am 51 myself.

My shortness never bothered me, even when I was made fun of for being short. I could spike a volleyball on the tall kids because I could jump. I had to jump.....I was short. I also surprised people at a jump ball when playing basketball.

I am also not a real good looking guy. Also not a problem for me.

I have many, many hobbies, interests, and pursuits. I have accomplished far more than the average person, and I did it while being short. ;) I once made a list of the things I do or have done and it was about 43 things.

Don't let the fact that others have a problem with your height bother you. You have no reason to have a problem with it. I've asked tall people "Ever been too big to fit in somewhere?" Their answer is usually yes. Then I say "I've never been too small to fit in anywhere."

I may possibly be the world's tallest midget. ;)

Also, I've been with my wife for 32 years, and we've been married for 30. Yeah, she rolls her eyes a lot, living with me, but she's happy, she laughs when she's not rolling her eyes, she "gets" me.........and she still stays.

When I think of the people I went to school with I know very few who have accomplished all the things I have. I may not have the biggest house (don't want one that big) and make the most money (not the goal) but I have a fuller life.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by UniqueAmI View Post
      Well, I've recently seen photos of quite a few of the really attractive girls I had crushes on, and I can only say WHEW. I would be the attractive one if I was in a relationship with any of these people.

Comment

Mick that's funny, and so true.

Steve my "short" comings have never bothered me. I never really had any problems with other kids. I was a freak that did magic. So, I entertained.

I just knew that when I went out looking for a date I was going to be limited. While it's easy to see I had no chance with the ravishing beauty, I didn't want them. I've always been fortunate that the cute pretty girls have liked me. Like you I've been with Karen for 30 years. I've also accomplished a lot for having marginal talent. What I have had that many don't is a psycho imagination.

Comment

Working...
        X