What is your Muse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your Muse?

What gives you your ideas, and inspiration?

I know a few writers that fit the stereotypes: Alcohol, Drugs, etc. I have had some luck in the past with such influences in my work, but I have found that those things really don't do much for my inspiration. Although, I did write a pretty wicked short script on Vicodin once(Don't worry, I had a prescription, and took a regular dose).

My muse however is the people I am closest to, the people I love. Simply having them on my mind, or nearby really helps my inspiration when it comes to writing.

What is yours?

The people I know and love, and the situations that they and I go through are the inspiration for everything I write.
    Nothing that I write is literally true, but it's all inspired by true events and people.

I try NOT to think too hard when I'm coming up with an idea - let my mind be open to ideas, or more likely the whisps of ideas.
    Sometimes it happens when having a drink and looking at the ocean or the mountains...other times on a long drive listening to good music.
    Screenwriter and script consultant: www.maralesemann.com

Comment

Originally posted by mara View Post
      The people I know and love, and the situations that they and I go through are the inspiration for everything I write.
      Nothing that I write is literally true, but it's all inspired by true events and people.

I try NOT to think too hard when I'm coming up with an idea - let my mind be open to ideas, or more likely the whisps of ideas.
      Sometimes it happens when having a drink and looking at the ocean or the mountains...other times on a long drive listening to good music.
      Agreed, random situations I get into inspire many ideas.
      -AF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X