Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Know Anything About Computers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Know Anything About Computers?

Apologies for my digression from the main topic of the forum (I know this isn't typically the kind of place to ask these kinds of questions), but I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with an issue I have.

I've recently installed the latest Windows 8 update and it's completely taken my sound away from me. I know that the sound was working fine before the update as I had finished watching a video right before I restarted my laptop. Does anyone know what my problem would be?
    "Nobody knows anything"

Windows 8 is a big departure from any previous Windows OS and thus the drivers are also different. Make sure you install the latest drivers for your sound card that are specific for Win8.

If you were already using Win8 and just did a service pack then this may not work. Its worth a try though,

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Scarborough View Post
      Windows 8 is a big departure from any previous Windows OS and thus the drivers are also different. Make sure you install the latest drivers for your sound card that are specific for Win8.

If you were already using Win8 and just did a service pack then this may not work. Its worth a try though,
      Nah, had a look and the drivers seem to be up to date. Appreciate the help though!
      "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Shooting in the dark here but since there are no other suggestions. Sometimes even when the drivers are up to date, uninstalling them and reinstalling can fix the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Scarborough View Post
          Shooting in the dark here but since there are no other suggestions. Sometimes even when the drivers are up to date, uninstalling them and reinstalling can fix the issue.
          Just managed to fix it by doing something similar. Had to delete and reinstall my entire sound device, now it's working again. Thanks for the advice anyhow!
          "Nobody knows anything"

Comment

Working...
          X