Camera question, for Photography and Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera question, for Photography and Video

I have narrowed it down to getting a Canon T3i, T4i, or T5i.

Does anyone on here have any suggestion as to which?

I am planning on getting into professional photography, and will be using it for some minor video work, and am starting here based on my budget.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

I appreciate the help in advance.

Also, what editing software is good to start out with?

of those 3 get the T5i

Comment

I owned a T2i once, that's what I started with and learned on before moving up to the 5D Mark lll. I have never used the T3i, 4i, or 5i. I don't think there's much difference, go for the affordable one. As for editing software, I use Movie Studio Platinum 12, it's the sister software of Sony Vegas. Very affordable and easy to learn on.
      Producer / Director / Photographer
      www.vtlithyouvong.com

Comment

Thanks! I also need to know what some good Photography Software is, other than the Photoshop that is like $700, not in my budget right now.

Comment

Oops, I gave recommended you a video editing software. That's what I use since I do more video with my 5D Mark lll. But when I use it for still, I use Serif Photo Plus Essentials. It's only $29.00 and I find it very useful. Easy to navigate. Photoshop is for professional use. As for Serif, its more for the prosumer. NOTE: it's for PC use only. If you have a Mac, then I don't know what's good. I don't use Mac.
          Producer / Director / Photographer
          www.vtlithyouvong.com

Comment

Check out gimp, it's free.
            -AF

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions on software. I will probably eventually invest in Photoshop, as I plan to get more into the profession of photography, but that will be when I have more of a budget for it, and can afford it, and when I decide that I am at the point that it is necessary.

Comment

Sadly it seems as is Adobe no longer sells copies of Photoshop so there really isnt a need to "invest" in it. Now you join the Adobie Creative Cloud and use PS as well as Premier, After Effects and other Adobie suites online for a monthly membership rate. I am not sure iof I like that or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Scarborough View Post
                  Sadly it seems as is Adobe no longer sells copies of Photoshop so there really isnt a need to "invest" in it. Now you join the Adobie Creative Cloud and use PS as well as Premier, After Effects and other Adobie suites online for a monthly membership rate. I am not sure iof I like that or not.

I guess as far as not being a big spend at one time, it is nice, but monthly payments do suck, in general.

Comment

Working...
                  X