Boom Pole and Shotgun Mic training/practice Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom Pole and Shotgun Mic training/practice Video

Okay, I shot this video on the weekend and I had no intention of uploading or sharing this video because it isn't an actual production. It's honestly just a candid video of my Producer and I practicing using the boom pole (I built), shotgun mic (AT897) and Digital Audio Recorder (Tascam DR-40) to get ready for our next project once I get a new camera, but a few people said that it was funny, so I thought "what the hell than!"

It's also good, because that is me on camera... and I mean, that is me. I've become very comfortable being myself in front of the camera and I am able to let my personality come out, so I thought I'd share it with my favorite filmmakers in the world... YOU GUYS (and Girls)... Just in case any of us work together one day, you'll have an idea of what to expect. LOL

I didn't want to spend much time with editing or anything, and like I said, it's just candid video that I put up in it's uncut entirety.

Nice! Were you happy with the audio?
    Distribber - Keep 100% of your film's revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Soares View Post
      Nice! Were you happy with the audio?
      Well, it's much better than the audio I recorded for HUNDRED$, but I think there is still a lot of room for improvement. That's why these test projects are a good idea. My biggest problem is still in mastering the audio with compression, EQ, etc. I've been mastering in Adobe Audition, and I am starting to understand it better, but I do hope that I can find a good audio guy for my next short, who can really give it that "Hollywood" sound.

Either way, having Josh familiar with the boom pole and committed to do it on that next project is going to make it a lot better.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (Ten being "Hollywood" and One being Mom recording the cat with her phone) what's your opinion, Nick? (Don't hold back... I can take criticism)

Comment

This is actually kinda funny. It only works because you were being totally yourself hahaha.
        Never a day's rest.

Comment

Cool! I'm not really an audio guy, but it sounds good to me!
          -AF

sigpic

Comment

Sounds good!

Kurt Hathaway
            -------------------
            VikingDream7 Productions
            Video Production & Editing

khathawayart[at]gmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X