George Zimmerman Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Zimmerman Thoughts

I watched part of the trial and a lot of the commentary. With the exception of 3 or 4 black women commentators everyone expected Zimmerman to be found not guilty. A few thought they might get manslaughter. But, no one believed it was 2nd Degree murder.

So, now the Rev Al is screaming injustice and Melissa Perry is so upset she can barely talk. Yet, she admits the verdict was probably correct given the evidence.

The Rev Al is saying "What I can walk outside and a pedestrian can question me?", Joy-Ann Reid was practically crying when she said her son asked her "What do I do if a stranger is following me?" she said she had no answer. If the stranger is armed and he runs, the stranger might shoot him. If he fights and the stranger shoots him they'll get off on self-defense. What both of these commentators discounted was George Zimmerman was part of the Neighborhood Watch, he wasn't just a pedestrian following a kid. It was part of his job to watch out for suspicious characters. If a stranger corners you, scream "What do you want?" If it's a neighborhood watch person they'll probably tell you and not shoot you. If they say they want to fuck you, then fight for your life.

Don't get me wrong. Zimmerman was told by the dispatcher not to follow, and he did anyway. I'm sure the gun he had on him probably made him a lot braver than if he wasn't armed. But, that's not a crime. What happened the seconds before the fight ensued is what is one-sided right now. Trayvon's not alive to tell his side of the story. Supposedly there was no verbal exchange between Trayvon and Zimmerman. According to Zimmerman Trayvon attacked him. Zimmerman was losing. The one eye witness who had no stake in the outcome said he saw Zimmerman on the ground and Trayvon on top on him. Had Trayvon yelled at Zimmerman "What do you want?" he might still be alive today.

I guess my problem with this case is it's not about race, it's about profiling. What Trayvon was wearing is as important if not more important then his race.

Is profiling wrong? I don't think so. If you see a stranger in your neighborhood of any color, who is dressed like a punk, you're going to be suspicious. You should be suspicious. You should be suspicious of anyone that doesn't belong on your block. It doesn't mean you should harass them or follow them unless you're part of a neighborhood watch.

I'm an old white punk rocker. Back in 81 or 82 I was going to see the Clash in NYC and I was wearing my punk rock leather coat. On the shoulder flap I had a pair of police handcuffs that I used to use when I did magic. I'm minding my own business and a cop calls me over to his patrol car. I go over and he questions me on what I'm doing with a pair of handcuffs on my jacket. He has me remove them, and as I'm walking away he calls me a loser. I was PISSED. I wasn't doing anything but walking down the block and I get harassed by this asshole. What didn't dawn on me till years later was, that cop had no idea of who I was. He didn't know if I was going to use those handcuffs to bind some woman and rape her. If I was going to use it to commit a crime. If he would have done his job properly, he'd have confiscated the handcuffs. What saved my ass that night was my respectful nature toward the officer. If I was real punk, I'd have questioned him, and probably been arrested. I would have been wrong.

Everyone profiles everyone. Every person you come in contact with you profile. I meet just as many white people everyday that I think will rob or kill me as I do black people.

I was screaming at the TV tonight. I get that people are angry that ZImmerman was not held accountable. But, if he's not guility, then he has to be set free. The fact he's going to have to live in hiding for the rest of his life is his penalty. Why? Because all the people who didn't watch the trial, have decided that the jury got it wrong have profiled him. Just as he did Trayvon.

We're all fucked.

I honestly thought the trial could go either way. I am really not surprised with the result.

As far as profiling, I honestly think everyone does it. They may not do it on purpose, or even think about it, but they do it, and I am no exception, I try not to judge people based on anything whether is be color, style, how they present/carry themselves, but I honestly believe that everyone does it. Personally, I have met people who by looking at them, you may be suspicious, but they were some of the nicest people you'd ever meet, and vice versa, I have met people who looked very professional, straight edge person, who turned out to be into some bad stuff, and not good people. Profiling, whether we like it or not, is something that I am sure all of us do at some point, with or without meaning to.

Comment

I personally honestly think he should have been found guilty of the murder. I been watching the whole trail and don't think he should have been let go at all. But that just my personally thought.
      Elizabeth Ortiz

Comment

" What both of these commentators discounted was George Zimmerman was part of the Neighborhood Watch, he wasn't just a pedestrian following a kid. It was part of his job to watch out for suspicious characters. If a stranger corners you, scream "What do you want?" If it's a neighborhood watch person they'll probably tell you and not shoot you. If they say they want to fuck you, then fight for your life. "

Neighborhood watch training usually includes the following. 1) Stay in your car until the police arrive. 2) Do not follow the suspect on foot. 3) NEVER carry a gun. A neighborhood watch VOLUNTEER is not "on the job". If the community decides to hire a professional guard service, I can guarantee you they do not follow suspects on foot and do not carry guns unless they are sworn police officers doing off duty guard service. The only reason Zimmerman got off was the prosecutor was totally inept and may have had sympathies for Zimmerman himself. This was clearly manslaughter at the very least.
        Shawn Rohrbach MFA
        www.shawnrohrbach.com

Comment

zimmerman Got Away With Murder

zimmerman is a killer and a liar. Lucky, there's a thing called karma.

BTW, Trayvon Martin was a 17-year-old child who belonged in the neighborhood. He was on his way to his father's home.

You say " Rev Al is screaming injustice."

Well, every honest human being should join him.

An all-white Southern-style jury let the killer zimmerman walk.

BTW, in 2013, is an "all white jury" in a Southern state expected to render justice for Trayvon Martin? Are you kidding?

When an African-American is accused of shooting a white person, do you think he will get an all black jury. If you say yes, you would be kidding.

Come on. Don't shout about Rev Al playing the "race card." Race was front and center in this trial. The defense claimed self-defense and frighten the "jury members" into believing that Trayvon Martin was something he wasn't, a neighborhood threat, because he was a black male.

zimmerman stalked Trayvon Martin. zimmerman thought that he, zimmerman, was a badass, who could take people down, sort of a Chuck Norris . He charged out of his car. Didn't say who he was, got in a fight with a seventeen year old child, was getting the worst of it. zimmerman claims that during the fight his life was at stake, and that his head was banged against the pavement. Funny, that liar's injuries were minor. But he did take a major hit to his pride. So he shot a 17-year old child dead.

BTW, if somebody got in a fight with Chuck Norris ... Well, don't you think that Chuck Norris wouldn't do what Trayvon Martin did? Trayvon Martin defended himself. zimmerman murdered him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trayvon Martin dead.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	60128
          This is the crime scene photo of Trayvon Martin dead. Notice how young he is. Notice that he wasn't wearing the hoodie up over his head in a menacing manner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trayvon Martin dead2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	60129
          Last edited by btflatt; 07-14-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

George Zimmerman is innocent, and the ass-hurt people need to simply GET OVER IT.

If I'm patrolling a neighborhood and I see a suspicious looking young fella who has no business there, I have the right to observe his behavior, and the second he attacks me and breaks my nose, and begins to beat my head into the concrete, I, by law, am allowed to fire at him. There is no argument whatsoever.

This doesn't have to be a white vs. black thing, or a race issue of any kind, but black people have started to make this both a race thing and a black vs. white thing, which is stupid as hell, especially considering Zimmerman isn't even white.

#JusticeforZimmerman

Comment

UniqueAmI, I respect you as a poster, you're one of my favorite regulars around here, but I strongly disagree with the making of this thread.

It's OK to discuss current events here and there, but this one has already caused several heated arguments on many social networking sites already.

Comment

zimmerman attacked

"If I'm patrolling a neighborhood and I see a suspicious looking young fella who has no business there, I have the right to observe his behavior, and the second he attacks me and breaks my nose, and begins to beat my head into the concrete, I, by law, am allowed to fire at him. There is no argument whatsoever."

Oh boy. Another person who drank the koolaid.

First. Trayvon Martin was visiting his father who lived in the neighborhood.

Second zimmerman's head wasn't bashed into the pavement. He had only minor injuries. He refused on at least two occasions to go to the hospital to have his injuries checked out. He was in a fight that he started with a 17-year-old child, and was losing until he shot a child.

Third. zimmerman told the police that he never identified himself to Trayvon Martin. To a 17-year old kid, zimmerman could have been a homo stalker.

Fourth, the investigators caught zimmerman in several lies. He claimed that he didn't know about the "stand your ground" law, which gave him a defense to shoot an unarmed child, when he had gone to school to learn the law. He claimed injuries, which the medical personnel said he showed no signs of having. The prosecutor said zimmerman lied and kept lying, about everything, including whether he have any assets to post bond.

Fifth, zimmerman attacked Trayvon Martin. He claims Trayvon Martin attacked him. He stalked. Followed the child. Jumped out of his car. Engaged him in a fight. Trayvon Martin defended himself.

Sixth, the people who made this a black/white issue was the Ku Klux Klan, who supported zimmerman, until it was revealed that zimmerman's mother is Hispanic.

Seventh, what kept it going as a black / white issue was the trial. An 'all-white' Southern jury, with the defense attorney playing on the fears of the white women whom composed the jury. The fears of the black male.

Race is an issue. zimmerman made it an issue in the statements that he gave to the police, claiming that African-Americans who didn't belong in his neighborhood were coming into the neighborhood acting suspicious. On the night he spotted Trayvon Martin, who was coming from the store, on his way back to his father's house, zimmerman reacted in a way that led to the murder of a child.

Let me repeat. Trayvon Martin belonged in the neighborhood. He was there visiting his father.

Comment

Originally posted by JHar888 View Post
                  but black people have started to make this both a race thing and a black vs. white thing, which is stupid as hell, especially considering Zimmerman isn't even white.

#JusticeforZimmerman
                  JHAR888 I'm a black person and I have not done that at all. The media was the the first perpetrator to imply that he was a white man as how they portrayed this case from the beginning. Then later they release more evidence. A matter of a fact I just as many white friends that feels that he is guilty as I do blacks. Here in Flint, MI there are more whites that are raising more sand than blacks. I just think that your comment is very labeling to say the least. this is something that affects a country not just a city. If you had a scars as to not being treated with equality in the past I wonder what you would think seeing that you think that it "is stupid as hell." There are many wounds from the past and many have not fully healed yet and it is a sensitive issue. Love for one another is the only thing that can cover our issues as people and human beings.

Also if you thought that this thread was not a good idea then why did you post?

Personally, as a black man I try with everything in me to love all and look at it as a human offense. I have not followed this case as close as others, but for the simple fact of George Zimmerman calling 911 and they advised him not to pursue this young man and he did anyway should raise many flags in anyone's mind. If you are working a a neighbor watch on behalf of a community there is accountability. as a result of him following this young man someone lost their life. It would be different if you saw him come out of someone's home with goods, or something in that nature. He saw a young man with a hoodie on and to him he was suspicious. As a result someone's baby is not coming home again. I don't wish any harm to George Zimmerman and my prayers go out to the young man's family. He was found dead with skittles. Stupidity played a big part in this tragic death. If he would have followed from a large distance to to make sure he left the neighborhood this would not have happened. George Zimmerman proved that he does not tell the truth and fear going to jail, so none of us will know exactly what transpired. We can guess all we want as to what happened but it is very tragic to say the least.

Comment

George Zimmerman is innocent, and the ass-hurt people need to simply GET OVER IT.

If I'm patrolling a neighborhood and I see a suspicious looking young fella who has no business there, I have the right to observe his behavior, and the second he attacks me and breaks my nose, and begins to beat my head into the concrete, I, by law, am allowed to fire at him. There is no argument whatsoever.

This doesn't have to be a white vs. black thing, or a race issue of any kind, but black people have started to make this both a race thing and a black vs. white thing, which is stupid as hell, especially considering Zimmerman isn't even white.

#JusticeforZimmerman
                    If you are going to be this hard, maybe you should think about not hiding your identity behind a moniker. Be courageous and tell us who you are.
                    Shawn Rohrbach MFA
                    www.shawnrohrbach.com

Comment

Since when did I ever try to hide who I was?

Comment

Oh jeez, just read all the posts here and I didn't know we were so anti-Zimmerman.

Comment

IT does not matter who we are for the most part... We are all human beings. What is important is that we learn to love one another with equality, period! None of us are perfect and we all have strengths and weaknesses. Although our strength and weaknesses are different one to another it should then speak to the fact that we are created to work together in harmony for a common goal. That is what is important. Some have a different outlook on things as oppose to another, but we using our ability of love can all move forward together.

Comment

Based on Zimmermans history I do not believe he went to kill Mr. Martin. I think he is stupid for getting himself in the situation and he deserves to have his guns taken away for life and should spend some time in jail. He knew he had a gun and was wanting to be a wannabe police officer and for that the man is STUPID. Should he be sent to prison for life, no.

Comment

Since when did I ever try to hide who I was?
                              Ok, I don't get the joke. Who is JHar888. Maybe I am missing something there, maybe it's an inside name, like you are high and mighty in the industry, and "everyone in the know knows" who JHar88 is but I don't know who JHar888 is. A simple name would suffice.
                              Shawn Rohrbach MFA
                              www.shawnrohrbach.com

Comment

Working...
                              X