PDA

View Full Version : Horror Script Wanted

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Do not post your email (*UPDATE* writer found)

Ok I am currently shopping around for a "creature feature"

Only requirements is it needs some good "Jump" moments and can be

Shot under $200K - We will be using the Epic

Post here first, no need to post the entire info just let me know if you have what Im looking for - Then we can continue in Private message to take it further.

Nick Soares

**EDIT** After you post here with some information I will add you to the next step of getting hired.
Please do not send me scripts unless it is WGA registered -

rrfrankie
01-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Don't have a finished "creature feature" but I have a couple of other low budget horror scripts. Contact me if you'd like loglines and synopses.

About me:

I’m a native New Yorker recently transplanted to LA. I've worked both as a freelance screenwriter and film/video editor. As a screenwriter I have 4 produced feature films to my credit: Death on Demand, Rock N Roll Frankenstein, Underground Terror, and Fare Games. I've also written unproduced for-hire scripts and a number of spec scripts, as well as English dubbing scripts for several Japanese anime videos and Asian films.

My page on IMDb:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641224/

Thanks,
Brian O'Hara
ohara5c [at] gmail.com

jNihilist
01-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey Nick!

I actually am about 1/4 done with a script for a new franchise horror film...I'm calling Playthings..... it has some interesting twist and some genre character dispellings, and very good sequel potential if made correctly and that would be a 50k- however much big budget slasher film.

I also have a cult movie about clowns ready to go. Scripts done, 2 names attached, location scouted and I can make that one for about 12k....... I think it has amazing staying potential and dvd potential and has a great history behind it and would love to tell you more about it.

I would love to work with you to make both films or either..... Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
j

ImDB
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0779255/

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Wow hey guys,

Ok let me read through these. Im so happy you guys joined!

tripleb221
01-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Hello,

I am a produced horror writer. You can find my name on IMDb as well as through a Google search.

My credits include the feature films: CLOSETS - starring Corbin Bernsen - currently available on DVD at most Wal-Mart stores in the anthology selection "Deadly Games" from Echo Bridge Distributors, and YOU CAN'T KILL STEPHEN KING - from Loco Dawn Productions - soon to be released.

I also have a bunch of short films produced. You can find three at www.scaredstiff.tv under the titles SOMETHING IN THE WATER, THE CONFESSIONAL and WELCOME MATS.

My work has been praised by actors Tom Hanks and Dan Aykroyd and director Dennis Dugan.

I was a contributing author to the Writer's Digest bestselling how-to book ON WRITING HORROR.

I have many other credits and connections to distributors plus friends in the Chicagoland newspaper and radio media.

I specialize in low budget screenplays.

If interested, please contact me at my e-mail address: tripleb221[at]hotmail.com.

Good luck.

Bob Madia

studioscarab
01-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Nick, I am an optioned and produced horror and genre screenwriter with 3 options sold, 2 features produced, and 2 features slated for production in 2012.

I have created work for hire scripts before, and some creature feature concepts already in development, as well as 2 genre spec scripts you could review if you are interested. One of them is specifically aimed at low budget production and features limited locations, small cast and little need for special FX.

I am also one of the top illustrators in the comics and entertainment industry, having created art for Lucasfilm, DC Comics, Marvel and many others, which allows me to use my art skills, to create pre-viz art, creature concept art, storyboards and more.

Please email me privately to discuss your needs and if you would like to learn more.

thanks

Em_Jay
01-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Nick,

I have written a few screenplays, done some re-writes and am always looking for more work. I have a completed low budget horror script that takes place in Central California (grew up there) that I think would be a great fit. Hit me back if you'd like more info.

MJ

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 03:38 PM
To all screenwriters, if some of you dont have what im looking for its ok, there will be investors from all of my past films joining up here too, they will be searching for projects to fund. Just a heads up.

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Don't have a finished "creature feature" but I have a couple of other low budget horror scripts. Contact me if you'd like loglines and synopses.

About me:

I’m a native New Yorker recently transplanted to LA. I've worked both as a freelance screenwriter and film/video editor. As a screenwriter I have 4 produced feature films to my credit: Death on Demand, Rock N Roll Frankenstein, Underground Terror, and Fare Games. I've also written unproduced for-hire scripts and a number of spec scripts, as well as English dubbing scripts for several Japanese anime videos and Asian films.

My page on IMDb:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641224/

Thanks,
Brian O'Hara
ohara5c[at]gmail.com

Brian,

Thanks for the post. We are focused on a creature feature because that is what our distribution company wants, but we are also open to other horror scripts in about a week. Added as friend.

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey Nick!

I actually am about 1/4 done with a script for a new franchise horror film...I'm calling Playthings..... it has some interesting twist and some genre character dispellings, and very good sequel potential if made correctly and that would be a 50k- however much big budget slasher film.

I also have a cult movie about clowns ready to go. Scripts done, 2 names attached, location scouted and I can make that one for about 12k....... I think it has amazing staying potential and dvd potential and has a great history behind it and would love to tell you more about it.

I would love to work with you to make both films or either..... Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
j

ImDB
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0779255/

When you say 12K, are these a documentary style horror, eg; Blair Witch? If so its not a problem, those are hot right now

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Any references for those without imdb credits will help.

vickyn
01-22-2012, 03:55 PM
I am a produced screenwriter with two features and many short films. I write a lot of horror, but only have one that would be considered a creature feature:

Hungered (horror) – When a human-like creature wreaks havoc in a small town by eating the organs of his victims, a detective must race against the clock in order to save his teen daughter and her friends from becoming the next victims.

You can see log lines for my other horrors on my web site at:

http:/www.vickylneal.wetpaint.com/

ScottJFoster
01-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Nick,

I've got two promising horror screenplays.

I have abbreviated the titles and loglines, but will share them with you based on your initial interest in the concept(s) by private message.

Screenplay #1 - (Title - D.V.)
Logline: A DMV traffic safety manager must decipher what's real and what isn't when he's...

Screenplay #2 - (Title - S.V.)
Logline: A park ranger academy graduate discovers his boss might be a homicidal maniac, while investigating...

If either of these sound up your alley, let me know.

Thanks a lot!

SJF
scottjfoster[at]yahoo.com

*Just a little about me. New York transplant in LA. Lived in Europe 10 years. My screenplay entitled (T.B.) garnered a Semi-Finalist spot in the 2011 Page International Screenwriting Awards. It came in the Top 25 of the Thriller/Horror genre, out of 4,300 total applicants. It has talent attached and is currently being read by a star director's camp (R.R.), whose interest had been sparked by its subject matter. I have another film in development with an Italian director, slated to shoot in LA and Italy this summer in addition to another optioned project in development.

And as you can see, I like to abbreviate things. T.Y.V.M.!

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Hi Nick,

I've got two promising horror screenplays.

I have abbreviated the titles and loglines, but will share them with you based on your initial interest in the concept(s) by private message.

Screenplay #1 - (Title - D.V.)
Logline: A DMV traffic safety manager must decipher what's real and what isn't when he's...

Screenplay #2 - (Title - S.V.)
Logline: A park ranger academy graduate discovers his boss might be a homicidal maniac, while investigating...

If either of these sound up your alley, let me know.

Thanks a lot!

SJF
scottjfoster[at]yahoo.com

*Just a little about me. New York transplant in LA. Lived in Europe 10 years. My screenplay entitled (T.B.) garnered a Semi-Finalist spot in the 2011 Page International Screenwriting Awards. It came in the Top 25 of the Thriller/Horror genre, out of 4,300 total applicants. It has talent attached and is currently being read by a star director's camp (R.R.), whose interest had been sparked by its subject matter. I have another film in development with an Italian director, slated to shoot in LA and Italy this summer in addition to another optioned project in development.

And as you can see, I like to abbreviate things. T.Y.V.M.!

Hey Scott,

Do any of those have creatures in them?

Thanks

Nick

cjduke
01-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Hey Nick,
My name's C.J. Duke
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3332360/

Working with my agent at the moment to sell a creature feature called Will O' The Wisp. If you'd like more information, hit me up at cjduke87[at]yahoo.com

Thanks very much.

talentedwriter
01-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Hello Nick and others in the forum here,
I found your information from the CG website and I have several completed and in development screenplays. I have credits in six major blockbuster movies from Hollywood since I arrived here in 2002 and actively involved in screenwriting and production of crossover genre films, in the Music department.
My Filmography:

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Fox Searchlight Pictures – John Madden/ Tom Newman – Violinist/Musician - 2012
Drag Me 2 Hell -- Chris Young – Sam Raimi – Violinist – 2010
The Quantum Activist – Composer – Violinist – Ri Stewart/Renee Slade – 2009
Looking For A Comedy In The Muslim World – Albert Brookes – Violinist - 2006
Hulk – Danny Elfman & Universal Studios – Violinist/Musician - 2003
Kindly let me know if I am the right fit for your screenplays and development of films. If you would want to discuss this matter with me over a cup of coffee, then you are most welcome to come to my office or I can meet you in your office or anywhere you would prefer to.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Wishes.
Jagan Ramamoorthy
http://pro.imdb.com/name/nm3544958/

Sherman Oaks CA: 91401

PH: 1-661-755-4229 C

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Jagan Ramamoorthy,

If i cant use you as a writer, I might be interested in your musician talents

Added

mikethewriter79
01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Hey Nick,

I saw your ad on Craigslist and it very much intrigued me. I don't have a "Creature Feature" written, but do have a few horror screenplays for you to read, at your request, so you can get a handle on my writing style.

I'm a horror lover through and through and is my main genre of choice. A lot of the work I've written in the past few years have been "for hire", whether it be shorts or features, and with the intention of being produced the moment a finished script landed on the desk. This means I work well with others...no diva moments here. I also have a quick turnaround, which means you will have a final draft screenplay well before your final due date. (I have references if you need them!) Starting next month, I will also be diving head first into my career, so no pesky day job for me...I can work on any project day and night!

This is my imdb page:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1771584/

Would love to hear back from you and hope we can work together if not now, then in the future.

Michael
uclawriter[at]hotmail.com

Brad Havens
01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Hello-

Thanks for giving us a chance to introduce ourselves here. I have an action/horror screenplay called "Vice vs. Vampyres". You can see a preliminary poster for it on my site, and if you want to read it, I can email you a pdf. I also happen to know an efx man who can get it done within budget/deadline.

If that works out, I have a number of concepts which can be shaped for your client and turned around for production relatively quickly. Please review my links for more about me and what I do as I can bring much more than a screenplay to the table for you.

Thanks very much!

Brad Havens
www.BradsMovies.com
www.imdb.me/BradHavens

MattPrater
01-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey Nick,

I have a stack of low-budget horror scripts at the ready. Hit me up when you're ready to give one a read.

My IMDB...
http://pro.imdb.com/name/nm1056990/

Best,

Matt Prater
praterpix[at]gmail.com

Dannier
01-22-2012, 05:35 PM
i have a ton to choose from. I have small budget and big budget. I have a real life serial killer script and another series of shorts. Hit me up yo!!!

29DegreesLeoProductions
01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Greetings,

I have a low-budget horror/suspense script for you. And I'm a full-time contract screenwriter, always looking for my next paying gig, so I'd be very interested in working for you.

Please contact me at writtenbyzack[at]hotmail.com

Zack Van Eyck
www.imdb.com/name/nm1936999/

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 05:44 PM
i have a ton to choose from. I have small budget and big budget. I have a real life serial killer script and another series of shorts. Hit me up yo!!!

Let me know if you have a creature feature. Im am either going to hired someone to write it, or buy one.

BaoX
01-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Nick,

I would like to send you the login for the script, however I rather send it to a private e-mail if you don't mind. My e-mail is provided below.

Bo
kabaoxiong[at]gmail.com

Tennyson
01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Dear Nick,

I’ve written 15 screenplays in total, including the upcoming Unified Pictures thriller XII. Most recently I wrote, directed, and produced the acclaimed science-fiction web series “The Starmind Record,” which is now viewable on www.8sidedfilms.com (http://www.8sidedfilms.com). My IMDb profile is at www.imdb.com/name/nm2488064/ (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2488064/).

My history is in the theater, and I have a strong sense of high-stakes, character-based conflict in contained production environments. If you're looking for stories that rise above their budget and genre to offer something truly compelling to audiences, I'm the man to contact.

Let me know what your specific production demands and resources are, and I'll forward you a pitch that perfectly suits your needs.

talentedwriter
01-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Nick,
I am more expensive as a Musician than as a Writer. Smiles. But, I am sure I would like to be part of your film, contribute whichever way you want me to.
Sincerely. J

DavyG
01-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi Nick,
Yes, there's another one of us out there, responding to your post.

I'm an AFI award-winning writer-director. Since 2006, I have been hired to write or doctor over 30 features. A feature that I wrote for hire was produced in NYC in 2007. An original screenplay was optioned by an L.A. producer and is tentatively set for a shoot in Philly this summer. A creature feature (if a vegetarian who becomes a cannibal counts as a creature) that I wrote an early draft of was produced in L.A. in 2008.

A creature feature that I was hired to write is now in pre-production in Texas.

As a writer for hire, I pride myself on being able to listen to what a producer wants and then tailoring my screenplay to meet his creative desires and his economic reality.
Thanks,
David
www.davidjgreenberg.com

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi Nick,
Yes, there's another one of us out there, responding to your post.

I'm an AFI award-winning writer-director. Since 2006, I have been hired to write or doctor over 30 features. A feature that I wrote for hire was produced in NYC in 2007. An original screenplay was optioned by an L.A. producer and is tentatively set for a shoot in Philly this summer. A creature feature (if a vegetarian who becomes a cannibal counts as a creature) that I wrote an early draft of was produced in L.A. in 2008.

A creature feature that I was hired to write is now in pre-production in Texas.

As a writer for hire, I pride myself on being able to listen to what a producer wants and then tailoring my screenplay to meet his creative desires and his economic reality.
Thanks,
David
www.davidjgreenberg.com

David, The creature can be humanoid but not actually human, checking your site now :)

talentedwriter
01-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Jagan Ramamoorthy,

If i cant use you as a writer, I might be interested in your musician talents

Added
I should have known that I am a bad "Writer"! Too dangerous to be true! Smiles. :(

Sfumato
01-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Greetings, I'm a screenwriter. One of my horror scripts is currently under production. http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt1790698/
I am confident I can write your creature feature for a budget of under $200K.

I would be happy to send you a writing sample. Thank you.

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Greetings, I'm a screenwriter. One of my horror scripts is currently under production. http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt1790698/
I am confident I can write your creature feature for a budget of under $200K.

I would be happy to send you a writing sample. Thank you.

Added for further interview

hoodsdavidscott
01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Two things happen when you put a bunch of writers in the room. Either teams come out of it, or a fierce competition to who has a ready spec that fits the needs. ;)

Greetings gang. I'm not on IMDB (yet), but with a grand total of seven options with two independent horror projects in development, I'm almost there.

My current project, while it's a creature project, is not available. However, as my last two feature projects were contract assignments, I am more than happy to assemble a feature horror project, or if needed, happy to revise, polish, edit as needed. I've written for ultra low budget feature projects up to mid-range and have done some ghostwriting on feature scripts for independent studios.

Thanks for your time, and glad to meet everyone. :)

Steve

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Two things happen when you put a bunch of writers in the room. Either teams come out of it, or a fierce competition to who has a ready spec that fits the needs. ;)

Greetings gang. I'm not on IMDB (yet), but with a grand total of seven options with two independent horror projects in development, I'm almost there.

My current project, while it's a creature project, is not available. However, as my last two feature projects were contract assignments, I am more than happy to assemble a feature horror project, or if needed, happy to revise, polish, edit as needed. I've written for ultra low budget feature projects up to mid-range and have done some ghostwriting on feature scripts for independent studios.

Thanks for your time, and glad to meet everyone. :)

Steve

It doesnt matter that your not on IMDB, Many people I hired on my past films on IMDB was there first credit, and I continue working with them today.

Added

jobeknows
01-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Hey Nick- I've had multiple horror films produced with reputable companies (Lionsgate, Lakeshore, etc)- my 7th is going into production this May in Boston.

I have a low budget creature feature that might fit perfect with what you're looking for.

Could you send me an email so I can pass along the logline and my IMDb page?

jobeknows[at]gmail.com

Thanks!

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Hey Nick- I've had multiple horror films produced with reputable companies (Lionsgate, Lakeshore, etc)- my 7th is going into production this May in Boston.

I have a low budget creature feature that might fit perfect with what you're looking for.

Could you send me an email so I can pass along the logline and my IMDb page?

jobeknows[at]gmail.com

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, added

ScottJFoster
01-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Hey Scott,

Do any of those have creatures in them?

Thanks

Nick
Hi Nick,

No, none have creatures in them. The killer in one of the screenplays is just a psycho, the other one is a supernatural entity.

Thanks,

Scott

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi Nick,

No, none have creatures in them. The killer in one of the screenplays is just a psycho, the other one is a supernatural entity.

Thanks,

Scott

Ok i can pass this along to a good friend if you dont mined

Underdog
01-22-2012, 10:16 PM
No creature feature, but I have a supernatural thriller. With "ghosts", and a scary little girl. Yes, I know the little girl motif has been done, but it still trips me out.

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 10:39 PM
No creature feature, but I have a supernatural thriller. With "ghosts", and a scary little girl. Yes, I know the little girl motif has been done, but it still trips me out.

I have to do this creature feature first but like i said my buddy Joe is looking for something like that, Ill get him on here

Underdog
01-22-2012, 10:44 PM
I have to do this creature feature first but like i said my buddy Joe is looking for something like that, Ill get him on here

Cool. Looking forward to when Joe arrives...:D

TonyDiGerolamo
01-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Hi Nick.

I am a NJ based comedy writer, comics writer and screenwriter with credits.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0969004/

Besides my two screenplays, I have written jokes for Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher, posts for Comedy Central's Indecision '08 website and jokes for Space Ghost: Coast to Coast on Gametap.

Currently, I write for a variety of corporate clients and stand up comics. I've written for clients in L.A., New York, Phoenix, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia. I also write for The Simpsons comic books and for the webcomics on The Webcomic Factory and Super Frat.

I've got a low budget script that might fit into that range or I can write you something custom-made.

Sincerely,
Tony DiGerolamo
thefixisin(at)comcast(dot)net

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Hi Nick.

I am a NJ based comedy writer, comics writer and screenwriter with credits.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0969004/

Besides my two screenplays, I have written jokes for Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher, posts for Comedy Central's Indecision '08 website and jokes for Space Ghost: Coast to Coast on Gametap.

Currently, I write for a variety of corporate clients and stand up comics. I've written for clients in L.A., New York, Phoenix, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia. I also write for The Simpsons comic books and for the webcomics on The Webcomic Factory and Super Frat.

I've got a low budget script that might fit into that range or I can write you something custom-made.

Sincerely,
Tony DiGerolamo
thefixisin(at)comcast(dot)net

Great Tony, Ill will add you to my contacts list for future projects, feel free to use this forum to help you in any way possible.

Nick

MattPrater
01-22-2012, 11:07 PM
I just finished reading my buddy's latest creature feature and it's solid. It's a "found footage" story that takes place in the wilderness. Only 4 characters total. Any interest?

PraterPix[at]gmail.com

Nick Soares
01-22-2012, 11:35 PM
I just finished reading my buddy's latest creature feature and it's solid. It's a "found footage" story that takes place in the wilderness. Only 4 characters total. Any interest?

PraterPix[at]gmail.com

Very, email sent

lostparadisefilms
01-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi, Nick,

I'm Nathaniel Morin, writer of Awakening, the horror/thriller. More thriller than horror, the story is set in a small lake resort town at an isolated cottage. There are strong hints at a supernatural phenomenon however in a major twist at the height of the second act we learn that there is a logical explanation. In a twist ending it's revealed that our protagonist is also the antagonist but there's still one final twist before the end. The story is geared for a smaller budget with a limited cast, limited locations and very few special effects or stunts. I've set the action at a lake front cottage however it can also be tweaked to become an isolated mountain cottage. I have written a number of other scripts as well as co written work with other people and my eventual goal is to write, produce and direct and act.

Awakening Synopsis:

After inheriting a lake front cottage from his father, Collin Larson adjusts to life in a sleepy lake side town. With his own secret past, Collin works a boring sales job where he meets beautiful Julie, competitive Bart and wise-cracking Stan. Collin confides in Julie when he starts having nightmares about a thirteen year old boy being held captive by a ghoulish killer in a black butcher's apron. Eventually he discovers that the boy, Darren Stevens, is actually his half brother and has been missing for about a week. As Collin starts to investigate, several people in his life disappear just before he dreams about watching Darren wittiness the killer chop up their corpses in his dungeon. Collin believes that there is a supernatural link between his half brother and himself, causing the nightmares until he uncovers a startling repressed memory about his own cellar that makes him wonder if his late father is behind everything. This stunning twist gives a rational explanation to what only moments earlier looked supernatural but it's not the only twist. When Collin summons the courage to go into the cellar he learns the terrible truth. With several twists and turns, you're left wondering right up until the last scene.

Best, Nathaniel Morin

Nick Soares
01-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Nathaniel, PMed you

OneMonthScreenplay
01-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Hi Nick,

I'd love the opportunity to Skype with you about your screenwriter needs.

I am a working screenwriter in Los Angeles who specializes in developing great scripts under tight deadlines around people's budgets.

Horror is one of the top genres I've been hired to write. My paid screenwriting experience includes writing "creature feature" and gritty, psychological horror.

I'd be happy to provide you with samples.

Thanks,

Jared Vineyard
One Month Screenplay (http://www.onemonthscreenplay.com)

LisaMarieBrennan
01-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Hiya Nick,

I would love to hear more about your project. I'm an imdb produced writer. I have been hired to write over 30 feature length scripts, mostly horrors, for various production companies and clients like yourself. I am just finising up a Creature Feature that takes place on an island and is very close to getting 200K funding and will film in Asia. If for some reason it doesn't film, all the rights will revert to me and the producer on that one said I am free to sell it elsewhere. ALSO, I am available immediately to write a creature/horror feature, or any other types of scripts you need, based on your short ideas. If you want to throw me a few of your ideas, I can easily expand on them. I'm also good at adding touches of humor where necessary. If you send me your direct email addy, I'd love to send you a few samples from this current script. I wrote it in 4 months time.

Please email me back when you have a moment. P.S. This forum looks pretty cool and like a good way for us writers to connect with other clients seeking writers as well.

Thanks!

Lisa Marie Brennan
lisa[at]saber.net

Pscavitto
01-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Nick,

I have a script you might be interested in.

I have four shorts in production and a feature film that is slated to start filming in February.

If you are not interested in my script I have worked with three different production companies on collaborative projects.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Paul

un4givn85
01-23-2012, 08:17 AM
wow
looks like this section is going to work out great!!

nice participation

PrincessScribe
01-23-2012, 10:11 AM

Post here first, then we can continue in Private message to take it further.

Nick Soares

**EDIT** After you post here with some information I will add you to the next step of getting hired.

Hi Nick:

I'm a screenwriter/producer/director in LA, currently creating a web series, "They Live Among Us." (http://theyliveamongus.com/the-series/)

I also have a creature feature set in the Mojave Desert, titled Death Valley. Feel free to check out my series and let me know if you want to discuss anything.

Best,
anne

Garrityt
01-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Hello Nick,
I currently have a creature feature script based on my debut novel (I do hold the rights to the material and it is WGA registered). For more information you can contact me at Garrityt83[at]aol.com

Nick Soares
01-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Hello Nick,
I currently have a creature feature script based on my debut novel (I do hold the rights to the material and it is WGA registered). For more information you can contact me at Garrityt83[at]aol.com

added

graham
01-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Nick,

I have a completed creature feature screenplay called COLD FEAR. Let me know if you would like to know more.

Graham Ludlow

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0524905/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Ludlow

grahamludlowca[at]aol.com

Nick Soares
01-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Hi Nick,

I have a completed creature feature screenplay called COLD FEAR. Let me know if you would like to know more.

Graham Ludlow

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0524905/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Ludlow

grahamludlowca[at]aol.com

Pmed

larrymadill
01-23-2012, 11:16 AM
I've written three produced screenplays "Poker Run", "Through the Eye", and "The Girl from the Naked Eye".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1013862/

Email: thedude[at]larrymadill.com

Nick Soares
01-23-2012, 11:18 AM
I've written three produced screenplays "Poker Run", "Through the Eye", and "The Girl from the Naked Eye".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1013862/

Email: thedude[at]larrymadill.com

Pm me your skype

Nol_Col
01-23-2012, 12:27 PM
I am a working screenwriter about to complete an independent feature that is set to shoot in late February. I am looking for my next project. I have completed features of my own, but I am not looking to sell any of them except for one right now and it is being read by a development executive at a company that produces a lot of TV movies. I am looking for experience more than money, but it takes a lot of time and effort to write a feature, so I will not work for free. That being said, I will probably be much cheaper than some other writers.

If you are interested, I can send some samples; if not, best of luck to you. feel free to email me nol_collins[at]yahoo.com

thasykologist
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey Nick, I have a feature creature available, though it is a Sci-Fi/horror/comedy and has been developed into a graphic novel now. Perhaps you can send the graphic novel to your investors to see if they would be interested? Let me know if this is of some interest to you.

Thanks,
Amir

Nick Soares
01-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Hey Nick, I have a feature creature available, though it is a Sci-Fi/horror/comedy and has been developed into a graphic novel now. Perhaps you can send the graphic novel to your investors to see if they would be interested? Let me know if this is of some interest to you.

Thanks,
Amir

There always looking, as long as you have the copyright set in place they will check it out, but if not they do not except unsolicited material.

Nick Soares

thasykologist
01-23-2012, 03:20 PM
There always looking, as long as you have the copyright set in place they will check it out, but if not they do not except unsolicited material.

Nick Soares

I have the copyright in place, yes. Did you get the PM I sent you? That has the link to the graphic novel of the creature feature I have available. Does it interest you? Tell me where you want me to email the copyright info.

Thanks,
Amir

Nick Soares
01-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Send it again, my PM have slowed down finally :)

Steve Mitchell
01-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi Nick,

Sounds like I might be of some help for you. I'm the writer of a remake of THE GIANT GILA MONSTER, which was Directed by JIM WYNORSKI, and is currently in post production. Also, I was Jim's co writer and second unit director on the genre cult classic: CHOPPING MALL, which you might have seen.

I'm looking for a new project, and frankly, I love Monster pics, so if you want to get in touch, I would love to write another one. I also have ideas for straight horror as well.

My email is... bigsteve22[at]juno.com

Thanks!
Steve Mitchell

thasykologist
01-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Send it again, my PM have slowed down finally :)

It has been sent. The script/graphic novel is based on a true story that I think has lost some significance in the minds of too many. The BP oil spill. Let me know when you check it out!

Thanks,
Amir

brywei33
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey Nick - saw your craigslist post and thought I'd check out the forum. Thanks for setting this up... should be quite helpful.

A bit about me:
I'm a young, professional screenwriter. I recently sold a smaller-budget spec feature to an established production company based in LA. I have four completed feature screenplays (one is a horror script that I just finished last week). Currently, one of my spec features has full support at an established management company and is seeking attachments; and the horror feature I just finished is under review for production and financing by the same management company. If you'd like to know the company details, we can discuss in private.

The horror/thriller I just completed is a bit of a genre bender. On the surface it feels like a horror film similar to 'The Strangers' and 'Joy Ride' but as the story progresses it spins into a mix of David Fincher's 'The Game' and Kubrick's 'Eyes Wide Shut'. There is actually a CREATURE character in this film, but it may not be what you think. I'd be happy to share the 1st draft with you if you're interested in reading a sample.

I am confident I can write a creature feature for you or any other type of horror film you may need.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Derek

Cervantes
01-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Nick, I bet you weren't expecting the flood of inquiries. As you'll find, a lot of interesting ones, as well as a lot of strange ones.

I'm curious as to what you're doing as I'm a former feature film producer, son of the late, great Larry Buchanan. He was the ultimate independent and so I always like to see others doing projects outside of L.A.

Me? award-winning commercial director, now working strictly as a scribe. Have four scripts under option and have been working as a script doctor the past two years.

Have several scripts floating at present. Would like to learn more about what you have, what you need.

Jeff

Nick Soares
01-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Nick, I bet you weren't expecting the flood of inquiries. As you'll find, a lot of interesting ones, as well as a lot of strange ones.

I'm curious as to what you're doing as I'm a former feature film producer, son of the late, great Larry Buchanan. He was the ultimate independent and so I always like to see others doing projects outside of L.A.

Me? award-winning commercial director, now working strictly as a scribe. Have four scripts under option and have been working as a script doctor the past two years.

Have several scripts floating at present. Would like to learn more about what you have, what you need.

Jeff

Pmed

RichardABecker
01-24-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm a pro writer, repped by Jack Scagnetti Talent and Literary, just starting to do things in entertainment after years in advertising and marketing.

My IMDB is here: Richard A. Becker - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3129662/)

A trailer for the microbudget feature I wrote, directed and co-produced is here:
Shadows - Trailer (2012) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/-bv5KPxc3Bk)

I have a script and some treatments in hand now, and others in the works, for creature features and diverse other projects.

Hope to hear from you.

-- Richard

Nick Soares
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm a pro writer, repped by Jack Scagnetti Talent and Literary, just starting to do things in entertainment after years in advertising and marketing.

My IMDB is here: Richard A. Becker - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3129662/)

A trailer for the microbudget feature I wrote, directed and co-produced is here:
Shadows - Trailer (2012) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/-bv5KPxc3Bk)

I have a script and some treatments in hand now, and others in the works, for creature features and diverse other projects.

Hope to hear from you.

-- Richard

Checking out now

Nick Soares
01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Richard, do you have a completed creature script?

gmprzywara
01-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Dear Nick:

Please allow me to introduce my sci-fi screenplay entitled Bullhead.

A criminology student searching for the truth behind Dillinger's demise encounters an evil clone of the notorious gangster and a mutant fish in the North Woods of Wisconsin.

In 1932, a UFO from the planet Elcas-1440 lands in northern Wisconsin, turning the sleepy tourist town of Blutkohle Lake into a breeding ground of walking incubators led by Dillinger's clone. Seventy-nine years later, the airwaves are filled with news of President Bennett’s mysterious disappearance while on a fishing trip near Blutkohle Lake. Criminology student Seth Holtz ventures into this haven of unspeakable evil in search of rare film footage of the Elcasians. Unfortunately, he and his friends Melanie and Devon learn the hard way that some legends are meant to stay submerged beneath the dark waters of ignorance.

While Seth listens to a chilling account from his great-uncle of the Dillinger clone’s takeover of the town, Devon and Melanie have their first run-in with the aliens’ ungodly creation: a bullhead the size of a sperm whale. Embedded in the creature's intestines is a device that transports its victims to the alien craft to be cloned. The creature spares them but leaves Melanie with the “sign of the Jonah”, designating her as a future incubator. Finding all means of escape blocked by the Dillinger clone’s army, they wind up at a run-down cabin that once belonged to Seth’s bootlegger great-grandfather.

Devon has another encounter with the bullhead in a grisly late night attack that leaves him severely wounded. In order to pay his hospital bills, his friends attempt to search for a cash-filled strongbox at the bottom of the lake. Their efforts are quickly thwarted by the Dillinger clone’s forces. They find themselves condemned to spend the rest of their lives as breeders for an invading alien army unless they can find a way to destroy the evil inside the bullhead.

Bullhead is inspired by my great-grandmother's vivid tales of growing up in northern Wisconsin during the Depression, when the Dillinger gang and other infamous criminals often hid out in that part of the state. I have a BA in English literature from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The complete 100-page script is available upon request. I thank you for your consideration and look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Greg Przywara
dabears198545[at]hotmail.com

P.S. Associate Producer Christina Hall of Strong Image Films has expressed interest in reading this script. Here is a quote from her email:

Dear Greg,

Congratulations!

I am contacting you in regards to the Craig’s List Ad that you responded to. As you can imagine we were overwhelmed with thousands of responses for an opportunity to be a screenwriter in our low budget 3D horror film shot in Las Vegas.

You were among the select few that we have chosen after reviewing your logline and synopsis.

KevinSter
01-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Nick - i have a creature feature for you.

“In the Basement …” is a horror film about a woman out to save her husband, who is stuck in a basement wall, while avoiding several nasty creatures, including a foot-tall living statue and a beast that eliminates sound so that it can easily sneak up on its prey.

I'm a graduate of the AFI screenwriting program, with two options and a handful of rewrite gigs under my belt.

kevin

Nick Soares
01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Nick - i have a creature feature for you.

“In the Basement …” is a horror film about a woman out to save her husband, who is stuck in a basement wall, while avoiding several nasty creatures, including a foot-tall living statue and a beast that eliminates sound so that it can easily sneak up on its prey.

I'm a graduate of the AFI screenwriting program, with two options and a handful of rewrite gigs under my belt.

kevin

How many locations?

PH5.5
01-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Hey,

I'm not on IMDB and I've had none of my work produced (hardly anybody's seen it at this point!). But I'm halfway through the second draft of my Werewolf screenplay. I'd also love the opportunity to write to a producers specification. I'd be happy to send a sample of my writing for your consideration.

Thanks,

Phil

Nick Soares
01-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey,

I'm not on IMDB and I've had none of my work produced (hardly anybody's seen it at this point!). But I'm halfway through the second draft of my Werewolf screenplay. I'd also love the opportunity to write to a producers specification. I'd be happy to send a sample of my writing for your consideration.

Thanks,

Phil

Thank you Phil, I do believe I have found my writer, you are just a tad late nothing to do with no imdb, that doesnt matter to me, only helps filter out certain trolls.

Others will be coming and looking for scripts so be sure to keep your eye out.

Thanks Nick.

dennis1
01-26-2012, 04:45 PM

Post here first, then we can continue in Private message to take it further.

Nick Soares

DENNIS GOLDBERG, M.D. RETIRED
Fiction Writer Extraordinaire
"You want it, I write it!"

RECENT SCREENWRITING BIOGRAPHY

I am an award winning, produced screenwriter who can be found on the Internet Movie Data Base at imdb.com/name/nm2661923. Below are listed some of my accomplishments:

I am the co-writer of the currently available feature film 'A VIKING SAGA, SON OF THOR' which received a double win at First Take Film Festival, Augusta, Georgia as WINNER for Best Independent Filmmaker and for Best Musical Score. It also took FIRST in the foreign film category at the Washougal International Film Festival washougalfilmfest.org/pdf/2008WINNERS.pdf. The film has been released nationwide and is available on DVD. On the Internet Movie Data Base at imdb.com/title/tt0834967

My feature screenplay 'FIGURE OF EIGHT', a two day, international, two hundred mile, action packed endurance horse race is in pre-production and can be found at the following website; figureofeight.com/FIGURE_OF_EIGHT/Production_Needs.html

The 22 minute short film ‘MY ANGEL, MY HERO’, is the very touching story of a child with Parkinson's Disease where dance becomes a major part of the young lad's life. It is now available for distribution. I was the e-mail co-writer with director Faizan Sheikh who had co-director Dan Shor on the film which can be found at imdb.com/title/tt1543544

I am the co-writer for Watkins Entertainment's new TV show entitled 'WANNABE ME', a comedy spoof on HOLLYWOOD. The in process website can be seen at wannabeme.tv It premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on 15 January 2009 then at the Beverly Hills Film Festival on April Fool's Day 2009.

I recently completed a thriller feature screenplay for Branislav 'Bruno' Tatalovic now teaching filmmaking in Cleveland. The tentative title is 'THE BUTTERFLY' and will be filmed in his native country Serbia in 2012. It is based upon one of their folklore tales.

I completed an assignment for the most unique feature Mafia movie ever, entitled 'ANGEL ADONA' which is currently available for co-production in Los Angeles.

Mr. Tatalovic made one of my short screenplays 'I'LL GET YOU HARRY' which took second place in the student film maker/short film category at The Indie Gathering theindiegathering.com The film was made by him when studying cinema in Cleveland prior to moving to California and then returning to Cleveland where he now teaches filmmaking. More about this film can be found at tatalovic.org/harry_short_film

In August 2009, I received a DVD copy of 'HIS PERFECT PICK UP LINE' from director Tana Huggins of this short film which I wrote as part of OTT two minute film festival.

'THE BAD GUY SPEAKS' is a short screenplay produced by Workshed pictures. It was completed in 2005 by Director Tatalovic in Cleveland, Ohio and had it's European premier at Belgrade Documentary and Short Film Festival in 2006.

'A LITTLE BIT OF DISCIPLINE' is my short, first place, award winning screenplay in the Boulder Asian Film Festival. It was then filmed in Powell, Wyoming and Boulder, Colorado by producer/director Alan O'Hashi in 2006. It can be seen on boulderasianmovies.org for your entertainment.

On Friday the 31st. of July 2009, I wrote a short screenplay for producer/director Branislav 'Bruno' Tatalovic as our entry into the Cleveland 48 hour film competition 48hourfilm.com Our short film 'OOCHIE' was delivered on time, on 02 August. More about this excellent director/producer can be found at tatalovic.org and myspace.com/tatalovic

My short screenplay 'CHRISTMAS CONFESSIONS' was completed on 13 June 2009 by Kirsty Dua at Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication, in Chislehurst, Kent, U.K. From students my only request is a DVD copy of the film, screenwriting credit and that they promise to aid students when they are a success.

My short screenplays ‘THE AD MARKET’ and ‘DEJECTED HUSTLER’ have just been optioned and are to be made in Scotland in late 2012.

'BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS' a short screenplay is now in student pre-production for 2012.

I sold the short screenplay 'BARNEY'S WISH' to Showbiz Shorts, LLC for 2012 production.

'LAND OF SHADOWS' is a short screenplay which I wrote and as a student production was completed at New York University by director Patrick Tashadian.

I currently remain in Los Angeles to continue marketing my many feature and short screenplays available in all genres and budgets as well as to write for production companies.

Dennis Goldberg, M.D. retired

59 Harmony Road

Cody, Wyoming 82414
Cell: 307-754-5017

chewee~at~tritel.net

dennisgoldberg.com

Can be found on Internet Movie Data Base at imdb.com/name/nm2661923/

Also on unsoldscripts.com a free screenplay reading site geared for educational purposes.

Current Los Angeles Address:

24815 So. Normandie #81

Harbor City, California 90710

Res: 310-325-7832

Nick Soares
01-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Everyone that caught my has as received a PM from me. No further posts/ideas in this section are needed.

LoganSF1
01-27-2012, 01:01 PM
PM Sent

kevinmglover
01-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Greetings! I see your in-box has been inundated with aspiring scribes from all over the globe. Well, let me toss my hat into the ring too. I'm just completing rewrites on two creature feature type horror scripts, (one with a writing partner), and have a third I finished a few months ago that has already placed in a number of script contests.

I also a big fan of the genre and, as a producer of a number of ultra low budget movies myself, I feel I have a keen understanding of what works and what doesn't, as well as how to write with a specific budget range in mind.

Anyway, enough chat. I can forward a PDF of the script that's making the rounds of various contests and think it speaks well of my skills.

I'm non-signatory if it matters.

Good luck with your project,

Kevin Glover

Brad Havens
01-30-2012, 07:06 PM
"The Badge meets the Bite" And I know the Efx guy to pull it off at your budget.

Want to know more? Shoot me an email

Thanks!
Brad Havens
www.BradsMovies.com

Nick Soares
01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
"The Badge meets the Bite" And I know the Efx guy to pull it off at your budget.

Want to know more? Shoot me an email

Thanks!
Brad Havens
www.BradsMovies.com

Checking out now

Nick Soares
01-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Greetings! I see your in-box has been inundated with aspiring scribes from all over the globe. Well, let me toss my hat into the ring too. I'm just completing rewrites on two creature feature type horror scripts, (one with a writing partner), and have a third I finished a few months ago that has already placed in a number of script contests.

I also a big fan of the genre and, as a producer of a number of ultra low budget movies myself, I feel I have a keen understanding of what works and what doesn't, as well as how to write with a specific budget range in mind.

Anyway, enough chat. I can forward a PDF of the script that's making the rounds of various contests and think it speaks well of my skills.

Kevin Glover

Kevin, do you have skype?

Sean
01-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Hey Nick,
I have two low-budget horror/thriller scripts that might work for you:

"The Evil Inside" - "The Devil Inside" meets "Insidious" - A young woman awakes from a three-day-coma screaming, haunted with fear that something is coming for her. When she's committed to the local Mental Hospital, Psychiatrist Dr. David Grimes must try to recover the repressed memories of this traumatized young woman. As the Doctor digs deeper into her past, he begins to discover the spirit she fears so greatly might actually be real...

"Brimstone" - A group of college students were just handed their final assignment for their Documentary class: create a short film on the haunted town of Brimstone (based on the REAL town of Cassadaga, Florida where every person who lives in the town is a registered psychic or medium).

Let me know if you'd like to check out either.

Best,
Sean :D

--------------
Since January 2011, I have sold two screenplays ("Psychology of Murder" & "The Lazarus Incident" to Producer Klaus von Sayn-Wittgenstein). Last November I was in Variety Magazine for the script "THE FIELD" which I co-wrote. Also, I previously won the short screenplay challenge at the Vine Entertainment Film Festival and recently placed third in the Slamdance Film Festival Short Screenplay Competition as well. Recently I was asked to write a treatment for a graphic novel for GG Filmz ("Machine Gun Preacher")

Matt60iya
01-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Shot Burnt & Buried Again – A teenager’s revenge against those that tormented him begins after his suicide.

matt60iya[at]yahoo.com

rhonnie14
01-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Dear Nick Soares:

I have written a horror script called Senior Skip Day. A senior skip day is a day of high school that a group of high school seniors skip so that they can stay out the night before and sleep in the next morning.

Logline: High school seniors have a senior skip day but that night they encounter a werewolf, an event that causes terror and tragedy in their lives.

The script involves seven high school seniors (four girls, three boys) who are outcasts in their high school and decide to have a senior skip day. The night that they stay out late they encounter a werewolf and throughout the night they are stalked by the werewolf. The teenagers seek help but encounter a lot of strange, emotionally distraught adults during the night including one man who claims to have been attacked by a werewolf also. Ultimately, two teenagers survive the tragic ordeal and none of the adults in the town believe their story instead they believe that the two teenagers are the ones responsible for the murders. The conclusion of the story has the two teenagers on the run from the law, an occurence that has the young protagonists do a desperate attempt to hold up a gas station, a tragic event that ends with one of the teenagers killing the cashier and customer inside the store during the robbery.

The seven high school protagonists are thoroughly developed as sympathetic and compassionate characters much like the characters in the great youth films like Rebel Without A Cause, The Wild One, or even The Breakfast Club as all seven of the protagonists behave realistically as platonical best friends unlike the one-dimensional sex-and-drug-crazed teenage characters that exist in most of the modern horror films.

I am still looking to have my first script produced. If you would like me to send the screenplay just message me back. Thank you for your time.

Ronald Fordham

Nick Soares
01-31-2012, 11:12 PM

About me:

My page on IMDb:
Brian O'Hara - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641224/)

Thanks,
Brian O'Hara
ohara5c [at] gmail.com

Would like to continue discussing another project further with you

pkillam
02-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Hey Rick,
You posted you found your writer - Congrats! I have no IMDB account... yet, but have written a horror/thriller spec script entitled Amnesia that was a semi finalist at Creative Worlds and Quarterfinalist at Scriptapalooza:
Log Line:
A man must find the root to his wife and son’s manifesting illnesses to save their lives, and the only link rests in a suicide from the past.

If interested you can read the synopsis at:

Amnesia, author Peter Killam « Sell Your Script (http://www.sell-your-script.com/promote-here-your-work/horror-genre-script-author-peter-killam/)

Warm Regards,
Pete Killam
killampeter[at]yahoo.com

pkillam
02-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Sorry Nick,
Not Rick as posted above.

Nick Soares
02-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Sorry Nick,
Not Rick as posted above.

Haha, its ok. Happens all the time to me :)

I added you to contacts

Joe Leone
02-01-2012, 10:37 AM
my two horror scripts I'm currently shopping -- very little special effects and locations!

I Hear Voices (horror)
by Joe Leone

Logline: A snarky schizophrenic is not actually crazy but haunted by invisible ghosts.

Life has been somewhat frustrating for Vin. Being diagnosed with schizophrenia and locked in a mental institution can do that to a person. Yet Vin's biggest gripe is that he is not actually insane. The voices that he hears are not just in his head, but rather the taunts of unseen ghosts. Evil spirits have been trying to coax Vin to commit vile acts for them for the duration of his life. After innumerable attempts to quell these tormenters, Vin is about ready to throw in the towel. Yet when he receives a visit from his younger sister, the only thing Vin has any love for, everything changes. Alexis has begun to exhibit signs of having the same "gift" as Vin, and Vin becomes determined to stop the voices for once and for all. In his new quest, Vin encounters two very intriguing fellow patients: Delilah, an ethereal beauty who becomes romantically interested in Vin, and Randolf, a wise-cracking Texan who may actually possess the answer to stop the specters. After a trial run, Vin is convinced that Randolf's method works, inspiring him to devise a plan to gain freedom from the institution. For the first time in 28 years, things are going smoothly for Vin. Yet upon Vin's arrival home, things take a traumatic turn for the worse. A spirit so powerful that it can physically move Vin and his sister presents itself. The mystery of this ghost's identity and motives seem linked to something in Delilah's past. Will Vin be able to stop this malevolent force from turning his biggest fear into a reality; driving him and Alexis truly insane?

WGA West Registration: 1401195
--

PAIN FEEDERS (horror)
by Joe Leone

logline: A pretty teen with a troubled past must fight a lethal group who feed on the pain of others.

With a handicapped father and an eight year old brother to care for, life is not so easy for Tasha. Add to that the fact that she is trying to squeeze in college courses around her busy work schedule. When the murder rate in her small town starts to escalate, Tasha takes note. Though it is only when she meets certain individuals in her Psychology class that she starts to see a possible connection. Tasha is curious about a good looking rebel in the class, David, and inquires about him to her new friend Darcia. Darcia tells her to stay away at all costs, as he is extremely dangerous. This only piques Tasha's interest further, and she agrees to go on a date with David. His true nature is exposed, and Tasha barely escapes with her life. The further she digs into this odd group that David is a member of, the more unsettling information she uncovers. These people, who feed off of the pain of regular people, are having their own conflicts; a Blond Haired Man has come into town and is disrupting their normal way of life. He feeds solely on emotional pain and is very brazen in his tactics. The Blond Haired Man is very charming and befriends Tasha. He has a bevy of information on the Pain Feeders and Tasha reluctantly agrees to accept his help. When she finally sees the Blond Haired Man for who he truly is, it may be too late for her, and her entire town. The key to defeating them all lies in Tasha's past...a secret of her own that she must finally find the courage to face if she is to prevail.

WGA# 1482181
--

Mallcowboy[at]hotmail.com

A horror film I wrote "Goth Chyde 2" is currently being shot by Archetype Cinema

TakeOutArtists
02-01-2012, 10:16 PM
My writing team has a creature feature that just scored a semi-finalist spot in Screamfest this year. Cool deaths, lots of jumps, sex, violence and general chaos, etc.

Title: Croak

Logline: At a once-popular lake side retreat, a ladies’ bible group, an at-risk youth camp and a porno shoot are terrorized by a giant, tongue-flinging, mullet-bearing, bloodthirsty Manphibian.

Nick Soares
02-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Sex+Violence Sells
**edit** not trying to be a creep, that might have sounded like violent sex sells but thats not what I meant....Well actually that sells as well, oh boy this is getting weird. sorry

CAROLINE
02-03-2012, 08:30 AM
n/a

jackiehayes20
02-03-2012, 10:47 AM
hi Nick,

EXTREMLEY interested in what you're doing!
to be honest i have no expirence what so ever. i' always been very interested in film, horror movies and writing. been writing on and off for the last several years. have recentley been taking it much more serious.
i have three finished full lenths, now currentley working on my forth.
problem now, is that i have no idea what to do with my finished pieces.
i'm trying to cover many sub genres with horror. i have one screenplay about a haunting, another pertaining to vampire, another about possesion.
any tips or anyone have any advise for me?
would appriciate it sooo much.
-Jackie

Nick Soares
02-04-2012, 03:18 PM
hi Nick,

EXTREMLEY interested in what you're doing!
to be honest i have no expirence what so ever. i' always been very interested in film, horror movies and writing. been writing on and off for the last several years. have recentley been taking it much more serious.
i have three finished full lenths, now currentley working on my forth.
problem now, is that i have no idea what to do with my finished pieces.
i'm trying to cover many sub genres with horror. i have one screenplay about a haunting, another pertaining to vampire, another about possesion.
any tips or anyone have any advise for me?
would appriciate it sooo much.
-Jackie

Honesty is a great thing and a huge feature I look for. I have found and hired my writer, but I will PM with with areas you can help.

Ralph
02-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Just might be what you're looking for. It's a vampire flick, but it could be over budget (you'd know better than I). It's written in MMS, if you have the program and know how to budget it out.

Hors d’Oeuvres to the Gods Logline : Unable to convince his parents or the authorities vampires have commandeered the local funeral parlor, twelve-year-old John Sykes decides to destroy the interlopers and end the mounting body count.

If you're intrigued, I'd like to send you the synopsis, and see if the screenplay might be what you want next. ;)

Tyler-Wayne
02-07-2012, 02:31 AM
I have a couple of horror scripts and lots of ideas/treatments. Though I don't exactly have a creature feature script I do have a horror script that has zombies, werewolves, vampires etc all in the same film. I do however have an idea for a creature feature.
I am a writer/director from England, UK. I started out as a professional actor (equity and spotlight) and make-up fx artist so I feel I benefit more from writing horror.
I am also part of a low budget film company here in England so if you needed a team to actually make it then we could negotiate on that too.
We are busy editing a feature film now (though that is not a horror) and we are also editing a couple of shorts which are horror.
If interested I can send you links to my showreels of acting and fx and if you visit EzeasPi Productions (http://www.ezeaspi.com) this is our company site (needs updating, just we have been too busy). Lastly if you visit Walk Away (http://www.mistakeshauntyou.com) you can see the trailer for our feature film.
As a writer and a company we have several projects ready to go and are in the process of looking for finance to get the projects off the ground. I will be happy to send the scripts and treatments or even loglines and tags first if you wished.
I look forward to hearing from you and good luck with your quest.
Wayne Thompson

rareman1000
02-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Are you open to a thriller? I have a nail biter.

Thanks,
Garry Hicks
grhicks777[at]gmail.com

MAJORFUN
02-10-2012, 10:22 AM
That would be a "found footage" movie. I have one, if your "creatures" are demons. Feature-length, & I have coverage.

Let me know!

MAJORFUN
02-11-2012, 02:19 PM
What length?

nickyzero
02-11-2012, 09:32 PM
I am actually in the market for a producer to work with. i have written two features thus far. Both are thriller/horrors. One can be shot for under $75,00 and the other is closer to $2.5 million. please let me know if you are interested in possibly adding a director to your contacts. i have also been searching for scripts of such nature.

Nance

rdoyle
02-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi Nick,

I have a feature length horror script. Email me if you're interested in logline/synopsis.

ryandhq[at]yahoo.ca

Thanks,

Ryan

JeffWood
02-16-2012, 03:04 AM
Hi Nick

I have a completed creature feature script based on an internet legend that I would like to present to you for consideration.

I am a bit confused though, as I seen the posting yesterday on Cragislist, but noticed you stated that you found your writer on this forum.

If you are interested in the pitch, let me know.

Regards

Jeff

Kubrick1969
02-16-2012, 06:46 AM
A strange, pre-antiquity artifact is brought back from the holy land after the first crusades and subsequently lost inside the Vatican for nearly 600 years. During a renovation in the late 19th century, the artifact is rediscovered and an Oxford archeological professor is brought in to assist in unlocking the objects dark secrets.

GeorgeKlembith
02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Hey Nick:

Been through Fresno many times.

Partner and I have experience with horror scripts and could rock out what you need in that budgetary range,

Can send samples upon request and more intel.

Best,

George Klembith
(GeorgeKlembith[at]aol.com

donaldo
02-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Nick,

My completed registered low budget horror, "Cutter's Woods," was a finalist in the 2011 Without a box Screenplay Competition. Four characters, three locations. Primary location is simply a forest.

I'm a published novelist (Night Train, Tarantula Woman) and have written several (some optioned, unproduced) screenplays. I live in Carlsbad CA. Got Skype.

Will send Cutter's Woods logline or script on request, or will collaborate.

Regards,
Donald O'Donovan

Ragtopmn
02-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Writer found! Yay!
I have a horror script and three others that I will bundle and sell outright for 3K. I am a produced screenwriter.

edit: lets keep it nice here
if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all

BLAREMedia
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Writer found! Yay!
I have a horror script and three others that I will bundle and sell outright for 3K. I am a produced screenwriter. But I doubt that a serious quest for anything is happening on this site.

Granted, this site is new but it certainly doesn't help anything to imply that this site will not lead to any actual deals. Let's work together instead of belittling!

Nick Soares
02-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Ragtopmn,

You realize that this thread is for one script, a script i was looking for and now found. You may start a thread and sell your scripts in the appropriate section, this is what the site is for. Then its up to you to sell it.

If I have found my talent, and assistant, some short scripts, and more here, then so can you.

Nick Soares

screenwr
02-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi Nick,

I have a few "screenplay trailers" on my website, which hosts a comedy web show of the same name.

My most recent screenplay, "Howl of the Loki," is a thriller-horror story.

Steve

Screeching-owl
02-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi Nick,

I've got 2 horror projects; one is short, among other completed genres. Both project are low budget, one location.

Dinozo
02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Hello,

I have one produced 35mm feature credit "Dark Games" with Danny Trejo, Jeff Conaway and Martin Kove. After years of attempting to raise funds for my feature film "The Utah Murder Project", I have now retained the rights to the script from the director. It's done very well on Amazon Studios and has received mostly five star reviews.

This script, as well as my horror spec "In the Still of the Night" may be of some interest to you. They are both written for low to mid budget range.

Eric Dickson
352-360-3045
EDixsn1[at]hotmail.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9WHd3q_heY

TonyDiGerolamo
02-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi Nick:

If you need a writer, give me a shout. thefixisin (at) comcast (dot) net

My imdb creds are here (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0969004/).

Dinozo
02-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi Nick:

If you need a writer, give me a shout. thefixisin (at) comcast (dot) net

My imdb creds are here (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0969004/).

I remember "The Evil Within". I saw a promotional still for it at an AMC theater around 99' or so. A big, ugly alien looking thin wasn't it?

lowbarprods
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi Nick,

Saw your post and would love to work with you!

A bit about me...I most recently sold a spec to Imagination Pictures (film is now in post) and adapted a children's fantasy novel for Kerouac Films. I am now in negotiations to adapt another book.

My directorial debut (which I co-wrote) was horror/sci-fi, and I just finished another horror spec, but am totally open to working with any ideas of yours.

IMDB: IMDb - Nate Barlow (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0055269/)

Best wishes and good luck!
Nate Barlow

shawnd81
02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey Nick,
Have a nice werewolf project for you. Can be done within your budgetary requirements, and I'll help you set it up. Lots of contacts on my end.
Hit me up if you have an interest and I'll send over the treatment.

Shawn Dawes
Dawson Films, LLC
shawn.dawes[at]gmail.com

PS - I have links to distribution as well

Outlaw
02-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I have a Horror/Thriller script that has gained praise from the likes of Lou Gossett and various others. It is a step above your normal horror. It has been registered in the WGA and The LOC so I have no worries about sending it out. I have writing credits on IMDB, and a film in distrabution. So if you want a film that will end up in theaters contact me.

Raphael

NocturnalCEO
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
My writing partner and I would like to write a script for you based exactly on what you're looking for. Our turnaround time could be about a month or so. Please let me know if you're interested.

dogglebe
02-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Nick,

I have a completed modern day urban adaptation of 'Frankenstein' that can be produced on a modest budget.

This script was a finalist at the 2011 Gimme Credit Int'l. Screenplay Competition. I've had several shorts produced in recent years, including a zombie short that had a good run in the film festival circuit. I have two optioned feature scripts, including one by British Academy Award winning director Tony White.

If you're interested, please contact me at dogglebe [at] yahoo.com.

Phil
IMDb - Phil Clarke Jr. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3557719/)

kevinmglover
02-17-2012, 10:36 AM

Kevin Glover

Hey Nick, I didn't receive any notice at my regular email, but see that you attempted to reply on this site. No I don't have skype but you can email me at kevinmglover[at]yahoo.com or call me at 323-974-3187. Thanks

august
02-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Nick

I can see from the top of the page that you are indicating that you have found a writer, although my associate D Ogee was emailed by you with instructions to post it here.

Can you advise? Because if you are looking for a Creature feature, we have the real thing-no animation needed, no effects required, and verifiable by anyone.

25 year, collaborative - research project that reveals What is Hidden in Plain Sight, and the Marks of Mankind.

A Day-Author
Mysteries & Secrets of Heaven & Earth
WGA 1560191

Nick Soares
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Nick

I can see from the top of the page that you are indicating that you have found a writer, although my associate D Ogee was emailed by you with instructions to post it here.

Can you advise? Because if you are looking for a Creature feature, we have the real thing-no animation needed, no effects required, and verifiable by anyone.

25 year, collaborative - research project that reveals What is Hidden in Plain Sight, and the Marks of Mankind.

A Day-Author
Mysteries & Secrets of Heaven & Earth
WGA 1560191

Doug Ogee, was not instructed to post in the screenwriting section, Him and I have other business.

Nick

Jfvideos
02-19-2012, 04:50 PM
I can write a efficient Hollywood structured Horror film that has movement, scares,
dramatic tension, a strong desire line and a cathartic climax. One that would be effective
and easy to make during production. How would you like the film tailored? Then if you feel the script works on all the levels you need it to work on as a producer, we can talk pricing. Here are some general questions.

What type of characters would you like in the film?

Is there a specific amount of main characters you would like? For example your film cult from the trailer has a group of main characters. Would you like to go that route?

Do you want any sex scenes or nudity?

Do you have any criteria for the creature?

How many minutes would you like the movie to be?

What type of spectacle would you feel is right for 200k? Gun shots, explosions,
etc?

How many deaths would like minimum in the film ? I understand these gore scenes can
take longer during production.

ringwraith2020
08-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Do not post your email (*UPDATE* writer found)

Post here first, no need to post the entire info just let me know if you have what Im looking for - Then we can continue in Private message to take it further.

Nick Soares

Nick -

If interested I have a final draft of a teen-style horror screenplay. It is more evolved than what one would expect from this niche genre with some innovative scares.

As a freelancer I do editing and page 1 rewrites for screenplays.

Thanks for your time.

Mike

LisaBrennan
02-24-2013, 03:09 AM
Hi Nick,

I currently have an available, low-budget, fast paced Creature Feature titled 'SURVIVOR ISLAND.' It's gotten some great feedback and interest. Would you like to read it? I am also VERY interested in the possible Creature Feature writing job you mentioned you may have! I'm also working onanother Creature Feature at the moment. I just optioned another low budget teen horror feature of mine last month :)

P.S. I rented the movie 'GHOST GAME' 2 days ago. I just realized you produced it. The movie I just optioned was a similar teen/witchcraft horror type :) I enjoyed 'GHOST GAMe.'

I look forward to your reply,

Enjoying checking out your forum.

Lisa

wow
looks like this section is going to work out great!!

nice participation

Director
02-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Hi Nick

I don't have a creature script, but I do have what I would call a spiritual thriller/horror script. Here's the Logline:
"A professed atheist and cynical war journalist rents a house to write his memoirs but is sidetracked when he encounters the previous dead occupants."

I wrote this specifically with budget in mind as 98% takes place inside one house. It definitely has it's jump moments, and since you don't have to spend money on creature costumes or heavy make-up effects, you'll save even more. Let me know if you would like to see a one-page synopsis. If you like the synopsis, I'll send you the full script and you can take it for a ride around the block. And don't forget to kick the tires :)

Adam Spade
02-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I would really like to put the music together for the film. You got anybody doing that?

Nick Soares
02-26-2013, 07:48 PM
I would really like to put the music together for the film. You got anybody doing that?

Do you have any samples? If so, send me a link via PM - do not post links in this thread. Thanks!

Patrick Wiley
02-27-2013, 09:34 PM
If at any point you'd like an extra set of eyes on this I'm a huge horror fan and I've already done some paid rewrite work. I can offer fast turnarounds and I'm great at streamlining plot lines.

Josh Hughes
03-02-2013, 08:49 AM
I have a finished script and had started shooting it but am having a hard time with locations. It's titled "Malicious," and follows the journey of a woman and her family who have started experiencing the paranormal in their new home. They seek the help of a local "ghost hunter" and he unravels the truth to their mystery.