PDA

View Full Version : Make things look like they move by themselves

sajra23
12-31-2017, 06:12 AM
Hi,
I'm shooting a horror - comedy soon and I have a scene where waffles are being made by themselves, so all of the ingredients and the actual frying in the waffle maker should look like it's done by an invisible force - the things are moving by themselves, but I haven't really an idea how to do that - do I need a green screen or is there another way?

Would be very thankful for answers.

Mick Scarborough
01-01-2018, 07:43 AM
There are practical fx and digital fx. You can do it through CGI animation (expensive) or do it through stop motion (cheesy if not done well). One of the best ways is to use the camera to give the impression of this effect while showing little or no actual animation. Green screen can be used to hide strings pulling the flour bag, or green rods attached to the eggs can be keyed out. Things like this can be well done with just a little expertise in green screen.

Anonymous Filmmaker
01-02-2018, 05:59 PM
You could also use a combination of practical and digital effects, by attaching a string of some kind to the objects and then removing it in post. Fishing wire is generally pretty easy to remove on software like After Effects and, if small enough, does not require a back plate like greenscreen does.

Doda Apemen
09-30-2018, 08:12 AM
I would say use stopmotion, itís one of the oldest effects in the book and cheap.

imothep85
10-21-2018, 02:08 AM
Best way to do this, is a person completely in green clothes, with a stick attached to the frying pan cooking the real waffles, then after the green character is removed from the shot in compositing it require mattepainting+rotoscoping+tracking+rendering.

https://www.backdropexpress.com/v/vspfiles/photos/GS-3.jpg

imothep85
10-21-2018, 02:10 AM
Best way to do this, is a person completely in green clothes, with a stick attached to the frying pan cooking the real waffles, then after the green character is removed from the shot in compositing it require mattepainting+rotoscoping+tracking+rendering.

https://www.backdropexpress.com/v/vspfiles/photos/GS-3.jpg