PDA

View Full Version : Film Grants

Mark
01-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Hi nick i was wondering if there is a some sort of secret grant that I can use I am looking for a 50000 grant for a film. I would am a hard worker but just dont have any place to find funds, I plan and doing a inspirational film that will encourage others. Please let me know

Nick Soares
01-26-2012, 01:58 AM
PMed

Mark
01-26-2012, 02:57 AM
thanks nick i filled it out and submitted

Mark
01-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Nick, My wife and I just wanted to thank you for that, we really appreciate the info, and lets cross our fingers!

Nick Soares
01-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Nick, My wife and I just wanted to thank you for that, we really appreciate the info, and lets cross our fingers!

You would be surprised how many people just don't even ask

Mark
02-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Nick,

We got it!!!!!! wasn't 50000 but 20000 will do! I have a film crew set in place [wife just screamed THANKS] I was looking to see this on google, but why isnt it there on google when i search? anyways thanks nick!

Nick Soares
02-04-2012, 03:25 PM
The one I gave you and many others are not searchable, they have to be given to.

Thanapaulis
02-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Hello, I'm interested in a film grant if anyone knows of any.
Thank you.

Nick Soares
02-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Hello, I'm interested in a film grant if anyone knows of any.
Thank you.

PMed

rickiholmes
02-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Hello Nick,

I'm in search of a film grant/financing for my next project. Any ideas would be welcomed.

stella9
02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi nick, just want to let you know I purchase ur ebook yesterday, and I just wanted to thank u for the seven secrets!, contract, plan, and proposal. I really get it now and am underway to get my first money for my film, I really think I have everything ready to do a great product and your book was just what I needed, the financing part!!

Thanks for the hundred and some pages of active grants as well :)

Love,

Stella

Jim
02-14-2012, 11:36 AM
where might i find this ebook?

Jim

Nick Soares
02-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Stella- thank you, lots of years and hard work went into it, so hearing that warms my heart.

Jim- Nick Soares FilmFundingSecrets.com (http://www.Filmfundingsecrets.com)

M5Boss
02-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Hi nick, just want to let you know I purchase ur ebook yesterday, and I just wanted to thank u for info, contract, plan, and proposal. I really get it now and am underway to get my first money for my film, I really think I have everything ready to do a great product and your book was just what I needed, the financing part!!

Thanks for the hundred and some pages of active grants as well :)

Love,

Stella

Nice!

Glad you got what you needed, Nick has put over 8 months of hard work producing that ebook from 8 years of experiences, couldn't think of a better person to write it..

bbanacka
02-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Looking to get funding for my thiller.

IndieFilmmaker
02-16-2012, 01:12 PM
How can I get any film grant?

Joseph Mazzaferro
02-16-2012, 01:55 PM
What is PMed?

estherdanielle
02-16-2012, 02:22 PM
:) PM stands for Personal Message. If someone tells you that they've "PMed" you, it means that you've been sent a Personal Message (PM)-- Check your inbox :)

--estherdanielle

Daniel
02-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Looking to get funding for my thiller.

Tell me more, what the story?

I know i'm new here, but you might want to check out the ebook from the banner above, just got it and there is movie funding in it

Agentry
03-17-2012, 08:23 PM
I see a lot of people asking for a grant for making their film. How does this grant work?
Any information or direction to this grant would certainly help. My good friend and business partner and I are looking to start our own animation/production company. We cannot even afford to be broke at this point so any guidance would be great fully appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
~LET'S MAKE SOME MOVIES!~

Nick Soares
03-17-2012, 08:31 PM
I see a lot of people asking for a grant for making their film. How does this grant work?
Any information or direction to this grant would certainly help. My good friend and business partner and I are looking to start our own animation/production company. We cannot even afford to be broke at this point so any guidance would be great fully appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Ill get you some info soon

M5Boss
03-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Thank you in advance.

Do you have any work uploaded to vimeo/ youtube, etc? i've been looking for a animator for some of my sales videos for online products..

Nick has great info on grants, just fyi

Agentry
03-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Do you have any work uploaded to vimeo/ youtube, etc? i've been looking for a animator for some of my sales videos for online products..

Nick has great info on grants, just fyi

Unfortunately I don't have a reel. My student reel is nothing to boast about. My co-creator and I are working on a short film that we are trying to do entirely in CG. Once we have that done we will be using it as a demo.

So, Nick. I hear you're the guy for grant info?
Any leads you can shoot my way?

Nick Soares
03-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a reel. My student reel is nothing to boast about. My co-creator and I are working on a short film that we are trying to do entirely in CG. Once we have that done we will be using it as a demo.

So, Nick. I hear you're the guy for grant info?
Any leads you can shoot my way?

What is the genre?

Feature - documentary?

Let me know and I can get you some leads

Agentry
03-19-2012, 06:03 AM
What is the genre?

Feature - documentary?

Let me know and I can get you some leads

Sorry, it is a science fiction feature film.

M5Boss
03-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Sorry, it is a science fiction feature film.

What part of the world are you from, whats your nationality, male or female?

Some grants are specific to those qualifications - the more info the better...

Nick Soares
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM

Ahhh forgot to ask that, yes this info is needed to get you the best lead

Agentry
03-19-2012, 11:40 AM

Thank you, Nick.
I'm white/hispanic, male, born and raised in Tucson,AZ. Raised below poverty level, first in my family with a bachelors and masters degree. Hope that helps.

M5Boss
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
^^ Got it. Tell us more about the plot of your science fiction feature... one of the things with film grants... most of the time they are given to filmmakers that film about a particular cause, a cause close to the grant organizations heart. <- this isn't the rule of thumb though, but common.

Nick will tell you this - but i know Latino Public Broadcast station has a grant - but not for your genre, film direction.. however. With you first film, you may want to go the direction they want you to go, get some more experience under your belt, then come back to your potential investors with how you killed it on this project, show them film reels, trailers, #'s, etc...

Disclaimer: LPB's Grant/s 2011 info is still posted.. im sure they will post 2012's soon.

lpbp.org/fundingguidelines.php

RobertMercado
05-07-2012, 07:41 PM
LOL I was googling Pmed film grants for 30 minutes before I realized what it was.... lol