PDA

View Full Version : Help request: strange video effect

Novecento
03-11-2017, 02:43 AM
Hello,
I started to make videso from short time and I take videos using a Lumix FZ1000 at 1080p and 60fps. I assemble videos with Sony Vegas video and I render them (due to hardware limits at 720p-25fps).
In "static" images I have no problems but in shots with moving subjects these have a strange effect, like they are trembling. More the subjects move fast more these effect is evident with result that it becomes impossible to watch. The videos directly out from camera are ok.
Please, can someone explain me from what it depends and how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Olander
03-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Make sure that you have all your settings for PAL set correctly. I assume the footage was shot in PAL. In your project settings make sure that PAL is selected and not NTSC. Same for render settings.

See if that helps.

Steve

Novecento
03-12-2017, 10:59 PM
Make sure that you have all your settings for PAL set correctly. I assume the footage was shot in PAL. In your project settings make sure that PAL is selected and not NTSC. Same for render settings.

See if that helps.

Steve

Thanks I think I found which was the problem: the frame rate. If I shoot at 60fps then I have to render at 60fps, if I render with different fps there is problem of sync or something like that.

Steve Olander
03-14-2017, 03:09 PM
In some instances you can get away with it, and also depending on your editing program. For example, you should be able to render a 60fps project at 30fps as it is easily divisible.

Glad you figured it out. I thought there was a reason you needed to render at a reduced frame rate. If you thought you might get motion blurr by rendering 60fps at 25fps it won't happen.

Steve