PDA

View Full Version : Stranded! A Star Wars Spoof for Film Riots Monday Challenge.

Jsthompson79
07-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Here is my spoof of Star Wars entitled Stranded! This is for Film Riot's Monday Challenge. I hope you enjoy. This was my hardest challenge yet. I ended up having to Rotoscope most of the footage because our prop was green as well as the screen we shot on. This was a headache but I got it done.

Monday Challenge: StarWars - YouTube (http://youtu.be/NFubd-nvAOA)

Nick Soares
07-19-2012, 10:29 PM
DO you have a "how to" like your color corrections?

Jsthompson79
07-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I knew I should have wrote it all down lol. I used Hue and Saturation, Brightness/Contrast, Shadows Highlight, and Curves. I had hue around -45 on rgb due to the red skin of my actor. Then I lowered all the other colors to around -10/-10 except green and I upped it to like 40/10. In Shadows/Highlights I darkened the footage, in contrast/brightness I had 10/10. In curves I dropped the RGB to darken the footage, I dropped the all other colors but green. In green I upped the color slightly to give it the greenish tint.

I'll see if I can replicate the exact colors in a tutorial tomorrow but this might give you an idea of what I did.

Jsthompson79
07-20-2012, 09:43 AM
A thought just crossed my mind too Nick. The glowing around the actor is actually from my poor rotoscoping ability. I left it in as a happy accident.

Jsthompson79
07-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Ok Nick. Here is a How To for the color grading/color correction. Hope you enjoy!

Color Grading or Color Correction Tutorial - YouTube

If anyone needs color grading/color correction feel free to hit me up with your project and budget. We'll see what kind of deal we can make.