PDA

View Full Version : Help buying camera for college

Gnosis Dog
09-01-2016, 03:15 AM
I am trying to raise money to be able to buy a camera for my upcoming year at college. I am able to pay for myself to go but fond myself in a bit of a predicament. I need to be able to shoot while not in the class, for which I am going to need my own camera. There will be ones available to use at specific times, but my preferred actors have schedules. This minor freedom, to be able to make what I want without the restriction of a phone that shoots 480p would be amazing. Any help is much appreciated. I have a gofundme set up for it. gofundme.com/2mjye3sw
Thanks for taking the time to read, even if you can't help me out :)

Steve Olander
09-02-2016, 07:55 AM
What kind of project will you be shooting? What kind of circumstances will you be shooting under? Definitely get used, you will get more camera for your money.

Steve

Apotech filmtips
09-05-2016, 12:59 PM
My friend if you want you can making videos with your smartphone. Here is a helpful guide how to do it like professional: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LxJwFOXZA0

filmmack81
12-06-2016, 09:07 PM
I just bought a used Panasonic GH2 on Ebay for $250... and found a boxful of pentax lenses for $100 on Craigslist. (adapter costs $10)

That's my 2 cents for a low budget. You'll save a lot in expensive lenses.

Krimzon Wolf
12-09-2016, 07:04 AM
Gh4 if you can, or Canon T3i off ebay.