PDA

View Full Version : Factory 91 - A dark fantasy short film

Madeline Leshner
05-24-2016, 07:47 AM
Hello all!

Factory 91 takes place in a mythical suburb called Bellery. Twelve year-old Mary lives with her older sister, Katherine, and her catatonic Grandfather. And above them, atop a tall hill on the outskirts of town, is Factory 91.

As of right now, we have 22 DAYS left in our campaign, and we are 14% of the way funded. Every like, share, tweet, what have you helps us out!

Here is the link to the teaser trailer: https://vimeo.com/162783829
It is also viewable on the Kickstarter campaign page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...inishing-funds

Thank you!

Mick Scarborough
05-24-2016, 09:38 AM
Just allow me to say I like the imagery and the camera work but a trailer should tell me what the film is about. This does not. It doesn't tell me anything about the sisters or the entity that's important enough to be the title, Factory 91. Whats the factory and how is it related to or how it has an effect on the sisters? This should be a the very least hinted at in the trailer. Include dialogue and story.

Welldone Pictures
05-29-2016, 05:12 AM
Just allow me to say I like the imagery and the camera work but a trailer should tell me what the film is about. This does not. It doesn't tell me anything about the sisters or the entity that's important enough to be the title, Factory 91. Whats the factory and how is it related to or how it has an effect on the sisters? This should be a the very least hinted at in the trailer. Include dialogue and story.

Normally I like trailers/teasers that are really suggestive, but feels realllllly random somehow. It could easily be a music video.
A decent voice-over could work ;)

Steve Olander
05-30-2016, 08:16 AM
I agree with Mick. The imagery and technical aspects of how it was shot looks nice.

I also agree with Welldone Pictures.....it is very random. Without anyone reading what you said about the story, it seems like a bunch of unrelated shots, except that the shots of the school stuff goes together and the lab stuff goes together. What the connection is between the two is a mystery. Also, the catatonic grandfather.......we see him, but have no idea why or what that means.

I like your story concept, even without knowing about factory 91. I like this line:

And above them, atop a tall hill on the outskirts of town, is Factory 91.

...but that feel, and that notion, is not apparent in the trailer.

It looks like you can shoot a film, but the story also needs to be told.

Steve