PDA

View Full Version : GoPro HD Hero cycling time lapse

RedSpectrumPictures
07-01-2012, 08:21 AM
My second try at using the timelapse mode on my gopro hd hero camera.
This time I tried P2 mode with the gopro handlebar mount on my bike.
What do you think about it? People have said I should have used P1 mode to make it smoother, but then again I would have just filmed it if I wanted it smooth.

GoPro HD Hero - Road Cycling Time Lapse - Photo Mode P2 - HD - YouTube

UniqueAmI
07-01-2012, 10:43 AM
This is better than anything I could accomplish. I should never be allowed to touch a camera.

This is just one man's opinion.

I'm guessing this is a learning experience. The more you work at something the better you'll get. Take a step back and say to yourself, How can I apply this into an actual film setting? What would you do differently?

For the most part (as far as I've ever seen) time lapse is a stationary camera filming everything passing by (clouds/traffic/flowers blooming/day to night etc) this is more like flashes of space which can be accomplished better by stopping and positioning different angles to make it smoother and more pleasing to the eye.

Kudos for doing something different, and good luck with the camera. It takes beautiful shots.

RedSpectrumPictures
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Thank you for the reply, I am glad you liked the video. I did actually shoot a stationary cloud time lapse yesterday as well - GoPro HD Hero - Time Lapse Photo Mode P5 - HD - YouTube - I find watching the clouds and stationary time lapses quite boring, but don't get me wrong, I do like the time lapses which have slow shutter speeds which create the cool lights with the cars.

Nick Soares
07-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I would definitely like to see more stationary time lapse videos for sure!

UniqueAmI
07-01-2012, 01:20 PM
It can be boring since everyone seems to do the same thing. It just needs to be done at the proper time and place.

Your cloud coverage was very nice. Do you do your own music?

What do they call the look of the Go Pro lens? Also, I've watched a few videos on the Go Pro Site and I'm guessing there's no DOF on the camera. That will be the next thing they'll tackle.