PDA

View Full Version : Chris - Film Investor

M5Boss
01-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey guys –

Finally had a moment to chime in, and introduce myself. My names Chris, I’m from the Fresno area – central California. Although I’m not a filmmaker, I’ve been involved with movies I’ve invested in. My expertise is more in real estate sales and investing as well as online marketing.

Over the last few days I’ve been contemplating how I can be a contributor here. And after a lot of thought I’ve came up with a great way..
I’ve been fortunate enough to have some success with funding low budget indie film/s.. where not many investors have (lots of credit to the producer/s of course). When I do a deal – there’s factors I look for, indirectly and directly.

For example –

Directly: return, business plan, talent – both producer/actors, market, distribution etc.

Indirectly: everything that’s not being said, my gut feeling (from my investing experiences), etc.

As a result, I can offer my help with “private investor” type questions.

Because of the new and evolving forum, im not sure if the moderator will have me discuss in public or private area (just saw he added a private section). Either way, I can help as much as time allows.

Just a few thoughts -

Ask away, just know I tend to get busy, don’t mind it taking some time for a response, because it may depending on the projects I’m doing. And If I don’t respond, I’m sure there will be other investors that will.

Lastly, I’ve been working with one of the moderators here, over the last 8 months on a film funding info “package” - lots of good sources for funding, not sure if it’s been made available here (as far as I know it hasn’t been available to public, just a small group of indie investors) but if not - I’m sure he will soon.

Looking forward to creating a real sense of community here.

Chris

Nick Soares
01-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Chris, thanks for being able to answer any filmmaker questions

Julian Moss
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Chris - Do you still invest in Indie films? I produced a WWII film called 'Fortress' that our sales agent sold for a profit. Here is a link to the trailer ..... Fortress Theatrical Trailer on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/26042604)

I have an EP here in LA that can leverage 70% of a budget in soft money once 30% equity is in place. With it comes distribution (foreign). I can forward details or look at my posting on this topic and you'll read the bullet points.

Cheers - Julian Moss

M5Boss
01-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Julian - Can you send me a screener? I'll pm me you my address tomorrow - my blackberry doesnt want to cooperate this evening within the forum pm section.

Chris

Larry
02-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Chris - Do you still invest in Indie films? I produced a WWII film called 'Fortress' that our sales agent sold for a profit. Here is a link to the trailer ..... Fortress Theatrical Trailer on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/26042604)

I have an EP here in LA that can leverage 70% of a budget in soft money once 30% equity is in place. With it comes distribution (foreign). I can forward details or look at my posting on this topic and you'll read the bullet points.

Cheers - Julian Moss

Like the trailer, would like more information.