PDA

View Full Version : "Danube Blue Airport Linz" Edit/Trailer/Impressions

se dogs
09-22-2015, 12:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Cmg64eLq0

Well basically, this is my first reallife edit with my own camera. I got the chance to go like "behind the scenes" in an airport and record a little trailer for them. It's an austrian airport in linz.

Give me some feedback and what can I improve. The camera quality isn't perfect, but in the future i want to buy me a new one.

Appreciate every feedback, thanks!

Mick Scarborough
09-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Well its not a film. It appears to be a slideshow of still photos. I see this on YouTube all the time. Stringing still photos together in an Mpeg4 does not make it a film. If they are not stills, they might as well be. You need some movement in there and the monotonous turning of the photos doesn't count. Don't worry about your camera, shoot an actual film for us and then we can give you input on cameras.

I hate giving bad reviews but lying to people has never helped them improve.

se dogs
09-23-2015, 03:22 AM
Well its not a film. It appears to be a slideshow of still photos. I see this on YouTube all the time. Stringing still photos together in an Mpeg4 does not make it a film. If they are not stills, they might as well be. You need some movement in there and the monotonous turning of the photos doesn't count. Don't worry about your camera, shoot an actual film for us and then we can give you input on cameras.

It's not photos lol, how can a photo move, when you can see the lights turning on and off again. (in the plane for example)
They are not photos, u can see how i'm moving and rotating the camera, or can't u see it?

I accept the criticism, but cannot understand it, "Slideshow", a slideshow are photos that are 2-3 seconds there then the next photo comes and they aren't even moving.

It never should be anything like a film, it should be a little behind the scenes in this kind of airport/airplane thing. Maybe you say to it film, because it's in a filmmaker forum, but i just posted it on this forum to get some nice and understandable feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, in many points i cannot share your opinion.

Mick Scarborough
09-23-2015, 04:12 AM
Dude any and I mean any photo program can rotate a still photo. If your "film" can be mistaken to be stills, then its just plain boring. Again, its not whats going to be accepted as film. If you don't want it to be analyzed as a film then don't put it on a film forum. Its like asking for your car to be judged on a cooking forum.

se dogs
09-23-2015, 05:05 AM
Nice that any "photo program" can rotate a photo, but it isn't a photo lol. Wanna see the raw footage? I don't even wanted to be analyzed or something, just wanted to get feedback what i can do better, and not things like: "This film isnt one because they're photos." That's not good feedback nobody can work with that.

And where should i put my video then? I put it in the youtube thread and not in the filmmaker thread or something. I just wanted to gain some feedback.

Thank you anyways for your feedback.

martynuk
09-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Hello se dogs,
You really should take onboard what Mick has said, I just watched and with the exception of a ticket desk person there's no one in it and nothing moving, great if you are shooting after a war event when everyone is dead.
You asked for feedback, do you want honest or sugar coated?
If it's your first attempt then I understand you want to protect your baby, we've all been there but if you want a prettier baby then you have to listen.