PDA

View Full Version : Free editing software needed!

Mighty Films
06-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Hello, I'm a no-budget filmmaker and only use Windows Movie Maker and Intelli-studio to put footage together. I also use free 30 day trials. Does anyone know of any free editing software I could get for color correction and VFX?

UniqueAmI
06-21-2012, 06:35 PM
If you can work quickly or with a few different e-mail addresses. Try -

Free Trial After Effects (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=after_effects)

I'm pretty sure you can color correct with After Effects.

They might have changed the way files are saved. If not, then keep downloading it for trial till you're done.

You just need e-mail addresses to sign up each time. I used to do that with PDF maker. You get 4 free docs to PDF.

I'm not positive, but, it might be the same. Anyway, it can't hurt to try.

Jsthompson79
06-21-2012, 08:49 PM
I can't give any idea on where to get free editing software but I will toss it out there that I would be willing to edit a few short films for you for experience. I have Final Cut Pro X and Adobe After Effects. If you're interested in working together send me a PM and we'll discuss it more for there. This offer is open to anyone really. I am a full time student at Full Sail University majoring in Digital Cinematography.

Mighty Films
06-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I can't give any idea on where to get free editing software but I will toss it out there that I would be willing to edit a few short films for you for experience. I have Final Cut Pro X and Adobe After Effects. If you're interested in working together send me a PM and we'll discuss it more for there. This offer is open to anyone really. I am a full time student at Full Sail University majoring in Digital Cinematography.

Well thank you very much. I will most likely contact you for help for some future projects that I have in the works.

Anonymous Filmmaker
04-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Blender is always an option. It's a little harder to learn than something like AE, but it is free. If you want to go the illegal route, I don't know if it still works, but you may be able to keep the AE 30 day trial by changing the time on your computer. You may need to disconnect the internet as well. Again, I don't know if that still works. Hope this helps!