PDA

View Full Version : Cult (Producer)

UniqueAmI
06-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Howdy:

I own the movie Cult. I'm a huge Taryn Manning fan, and I also love Rachel Miner. I saw on IMDB you were credited as Producer.

I'm just curious, for that particular project, what did you do?

Years ago I went to see Taryn's band Boomkat in LA. She gave me the best autograph "You have a huge co*k". She obviously never saw me naked.

Nick Soares
06-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Howdy:

I own the movie Cult. I'm a huge Taryn Manning fan, and I also love Rachel Miner. I saw on IMDB you were credited as Producer.

I'm just curious, for that particular project, what did you do?

Years ago I went to see Taryn's band Boomkat in LA. She gave me the best autograph "You have a huge co*k". She obviously never saw me naked.

HAHAHA, Well, I was a producer on that film. Taryn Manning was a great/amazing person to hang around.

UniqueAmI
06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
HAHAHA, Well, I was a producer on that film. Taryn Manning was a great/amazing person to hang around.

My first movie I did practically everything. I attempted another movie (the past friggin 16 months) where I did everything, and I recently gave up on even trying to finish it.

So, I can say with all honesty I have no idea what a Producer does. I'm sure I've done it. But, while doing it, I had no idea I was wearing a Producer hat.

So, as a Producer on Cult, what were some of your duties? Were you involved in any of the casting, location scouting, raising capital, giving capital...?

Just hanging with Manning and Miner would be cool. Two very talented actresses, who have yet to hit their stride.

I went years ago to see Natalie Portman as Anne Frank. I didn't realize till recently that Rachel Miner played Margot, Anne's sister.

Nick Soares
06-12-2012, 09:12 PM
My first movie I did practically everything. I attempted another movie (the past friggin 16 months) where I did everything, and I recently gave up on even trying to finish it.

So, I can say with all honesty I have no idea what a Producer does. I'm sure I've done it. But, while doing it, I had no idea I was wearing a Producer hat.

So, as a Producer on Cult, what were some of your duties? Were you involved in any of the casting, location scouting, raising capital, giving capital...?

Just hanging with Manning and Miner would be cool. Two very talented actresses, who have yet to hit their stride.

I went years ago to see Natalie Portman as Anne Frank. I didn't realize till recently that Rachel Miner played Margot, Anne's sister.

Yea, if you were doing lots on your own, then at times you were/are a producer

Things I did.

#1 - Read script
#2 - Make sure the right crew can perform the way we wanted
#3 - Find the funds
#4 - Make sure everything goes good on set
#5 - Make sure the director doesnt have to much stress, if he does then Iam not doing my job.

And lots more, but thats it in a nut shell :)

UniqueAmI
06-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Yea, if you were doing lots on your own, then at times you were/are a producer

Things I did.

#1 - Read script
#2 - Make sure the right crew can perform the way we wanted
#3 - Find the funds
#4 - Make sure everything goes good on set
#5 - Make sure the director doesnt have to much stress, if he does then Iam not doing my job.

And lots more, but thats it in a nut shell :)

Wow, I've done all that. I don't like your job.

#5 is funny. EVERYONE on this past shoot did their best to contradict, and get me pissed. I'm much too laid back (especially when there isn't anything to keep people working, like money) to put them in their place. The arguments were beyond moronic. ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, they ended up going "Oh yeah, okay".

The first actress I had playing the lead, showed up one Saturday ready to do a sex scene with a rash up and down the outer part of her thighs. We managed to shoot and get the lighting just right, so the red bumps were washed out. The following week, we're going to shoot her going to the bathroom afterward. She shows up sun burnt. So, within 5 seconds of screen time she gets sun-burnt. No one understood why I was so pissed. That's how far ahead everyone thinks.