PDA

View Full Version : Short "Chicken" Drama/Comedy Script

IndieMovieMaker
06-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Hey guys, I have been writing a new short script for the last several weeks now and I wanted to know what you guys thought of it. It is a drama with a comedic tone and comedic dialogue. It is only 7 pages long and I hope to enter it into some festivals. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Mick Scarborough
06-06-2015, 10:47 PM
As I was reading Chicken's lines I imagined his voice was a cross between Hannibal Lecter and Huey Walker (1990 film Flashback). I would actually like to see this shot, mainly because I would love to see how you would do it because I already know how I would do it. Its got creative potential.

On a side note you committed my pet peeve. On page 3 you wrote "would of" instead of "would have"... GRRR!!!! For some effed up reason that's the one thing that gets to me the most.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2lfk267Qs1r6x0bw.gif

IndieMovieMaker
06-07-2015, 12:24 AM
As I was reading Chicken's lines I imagined his voice was a cross between Hannibal Lecter and Huey Walker (1990 film Flashback). I would actually like to see this shot, mainly because I would love to see how you would do it because I already know how I would do it. Its got creative potential.

On a side note you committed my pet peeve. On page 3 you wrote "would of" instead of "would have"... GRRR!!!! For some effed up reason that's the one thing that gets to me the most.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2lfk267Qs1r6x0bw.gif

Ha! Sorry about that, it is only the first draft so I have not had the time to correct mistakes like that since I have been focusing on the creative aspect of it. I would love to hear some more thoughts from you and other people since your response was very limited, no offense. :)

IndieMovieMaker
06-14-2015, 04:45 AM
Does anyone else have an opinion? :)

Peter Eisfelder
06-14-2015, 11:16 PM
Actually I was wondering about the toy dinosaur head. I suppose it helps show us that Chicken was a bit of a strange character.

IndieMovieMaker
06-15-2015, 12:52 AM
Actually I was wondering about the toy dinosaur head. I suppose it helps show us that Chicken was a bit of a strange character.

That is exactly right! :)