PDA

View Full Version : Rockin in 2015!

UniqueAmI
12-31-2014, 09:01 AM
The first Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve featured ALICE COOPER. I did not get to watch it, because my parents had to watch Lawrence Welk. I was not a happy camper.

This version of Auld Lang Syne by SLADE is one of my favorite rockin' versions with a little something extra. The British gave us the Beatles and Stones, but they kept the best for themselves. Truly one of the most talented unknown to the US bands. In these troubled times we truly need "Hope in your heart"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUEBntXdJHk

When I was a kid, I would call WBAB one of the most popular (to this day) Long Island Rock Radio Stations and request Slade. They would always refuse because according to them Holder couldn't sing and he sounded like he gargled with glass. A few of the hits they wrote and recorded are the two Quiet Riot hits "Cum On Feel the Noise" and "Mama We're All Crazee Now". QR HATED the Slade versions and thought the songs were crap. QR were actually the crap. Noddy Holder Slade's gravelly voice frontman was offered the job of AC/DC's singer when Bon Scott died. Thankfully Noddy turned it down.

HAPPY MERRY 2015!