View Full Version : Appearance Release Forms

10-03-2014, 12:27 PM
If I have my actors sign an appearance release form since they are all teenagers, what do I need to do for it to be legal? Is just printing forms out myself enough, or is it more complicated than that? How do I make the forms legal?

Steve Olander
02-14-2015, 07:00 PM
If the actors are under 18 their parent or legal guardian have to sign the release also. No one under 18 can enter into a legal binding contract.

There are a number of places you can get legal forms and forms other filmmakers are using. Just do a search on Google for them and you will find them. The sonnyboo website has some you can use. Peter has a number of resources for indie filmmakers.

Be SURE you understand the legal jargon on the forms. If you don't understand it all then you need to have a lawyer explain it for you.


Johnny Utah
07-10-2015, 03:40 PM
In California, legally you're also supposed to have a studio teacher on set. Studio teachers are expensive though. Good luck finding one for less than $200 a day regardless of the budget of your film.