PDA

View Full Version : A Web Series that is based of Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosome Adam?

jamespizz95
08-28-2014, 01:15 AM
I am writing the script for this web series and as I continue writing it, I begin to wonder if I am able to use the real life people Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosome Adam... I'm heavily afraid that I'm not able to and that I may just have to scrap this idea do to it being mostly around them. I have studied them a lot to fully understand them and that the two were actually not together time wise, my series would be based off that of which they were. So I'm just wondering if I'm gonna be able to play it safe or just scrap the idea.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! I hope to get some feedback soon! :)

skyblueeyes
09-02-2014, 01:33 PM
I don't know who those people are, but as far as I know, I don't think you're legally able to take an idea based off of real people or someone else's characters. You should ask the people who made the web show and get their permission. Without it, they might sue you down the road.

XS Indie
09-02-2014, 04:14 PM
From what I know the names are just hypothetical ones given to the first male and female, since its a scientific theory and the names are just place holders I doubt there is a copyright to break. If you really want the project to go through you can always make/rewrite it about an Adam and Eve as a biblical metaphor and to my knowledge that's public domain.