PDA

View Full Version : Screenwriter Wanted OutLine for found footage

Nick Soares
04-24-2012, 04:20 PM
This thread has moved here --> http://www.filmmakerforum.org/production/461-community-made-movie.html

Hey guys,

I will make this short and sweet.

I am looking for someone to make an outline of a found footage idea I have, If selected, you will be given a half page idea of a found footage film I have written, and I want you to turn it into a 2 page outlined story (bullet points) with your conversion from beginning to end.

There will be many more of these to come, so if you dont get this gig, then dont give up, I really do recognize those that try, and am willing to give them first shot on the next one, will should be ready for prep in a few weeks.

Pay $400 (outline only)

Future payments for script will be negotiated

Nick Soares

vickyn
04-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi Nick. I have written over 70 feature screenplays of my own and many for producers. I write full-time. You can find out more about my work on my web site:

Vicky L. Neal Home - Vicky L. Neal (http://www.vickylneal.wetpaint.com/)

Felix
04-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Hello Nick,

I'd really enjoy giving this a go. I got plenty of time and can meet a deadline.

Sincerely,
--Eric

DavyG
04-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi Nick,
I'm interested in giving it a shot. What kind of timeline are you looking at regarding turnaround. I have a book due next week but could get started after I turn it in.
Thanks,
David
www.davidjgreenberg.com

dennis1
04-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Looks like a few writers are up to the task as I am. I would love to read what you have and if it turns my crank then count me in.

Dennis Goldberg
dennisgoldberg.com - PRODUCED SCREENPLAYS (http://www.dennisgoldberg.com)

lowbarprods
04-24-2012, 06:12 PM
I also am interested and available. I've sold specs and been hired to adapt books (currently have one film in post and another being packaged).

Best,
Nate Barlow

theturtle
04-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi Nick,

Sounds like a good challenge.

I’ve won 8 screenwriting contests with 5 scripts.

Please consider me also for the outline.

Russ Meyer
tortoise[at]att.net

tripleb221
04-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Nick,

I'm a big "found footage" fan. Would love to help you out on this project. I'm listed on IMDb.com, but something not yet mentioned there is that my second feature film (YOU CAN'T KILL STEPHEN KING) just won the People's Choice Award for Best Feature at the Lewiston-Auburn Film Festival in Maine. If interested, feel free to reach me at my e-mail address; tripleb221[at]hotmail.com. Good luck in any event.

Bob Madia

actorwriter
04-24-2012, 07:51 PM
what do you need in order to be hired for this? A writing sample? maybe a resume?

Nick Soares
04-24-2012, 07:55 PM
what do you need in order to be hired for this? A writing sample? maybe a resume?

Anything will help, resume, small samples of past work, credits, etc....

Thanks everyone for the interest, and remember there is only room for one to be hired and tested and there will be more, and those that are being active and replying will be remembered for the next if not selected for this one

KevinSter
04-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Nick - I'm also interested in this project. I'm currently in pre-production on a found footage screenplay that I wrote which made Top 250 in the first Project Greenlight competition. The second round was based solely on my video bio, so while I am be a boring person, I'm a great writer. :^)

thanks - kevin

rdhay
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
I'd love to have a go at this as well. I've had plenty of experience outlining my own ideas, so I'm totally up to it:)

Nick Soares
04-24-2012, 10:20 PM
I have a very interesting idea guys, I'll post it tomorrow

Ruben
04-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Hi, Nick!

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring. Please tell me more.

Regards,

Ruben

Terry W Drake
04-25-2012, 03:40 AM
I will give it a try
terry-drake[at]hotmail.com

Doug
04-25-2012, 06:20 AM
I'd appreciate being considered. I have several award-winning scripts under my belt. Partial credits on imdb.

Doug

ktico
04-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Nick,

What is the film genre you are leading to with your footage? Reality? Dock/mockumentary? Fiction? And what is the advantage of working this way?

Thanks

Kevin

ktico[at]comcast.net

2001 Productions
04-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Would love to be considered as well. I'm repped as a screenwriter/director in the L.A. area. Two original screenplays were taken to studios by A-list producers; a third is on the verge of making the rounds. Also have 3 produced features -- the most recent of which is Crimps, as you know.

Thanks, Nick!

lizperkins
04-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Sweet Deal! But why not have a little fun & have more slant to your project by making this a mini contest? Take as many doers as are available and the winner gets 400 big ones and you get an outline you're confident is the best?
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and take a shot at it. I'm sure lots of others would too.
Liz

rickiholmes
04-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Nick,
I'd like to give it a go too.
ricki

Nick Soares
04-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Ok, so like I said earlier, I had an idea.

What if I don't pick someone for the $400 - Instead we allow everyone to pitch in an idea for this film, and everyone will get a writer credit? We can start a new thread to communicate ideas, and this would be epic because it would be one of the very very first movies to be made based on a bunch of creative people on a forum....

Let me know your guys thoughts on this. It would be limited to those that have already replied

2001 Productions
04-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Could be interesting! :)

theturtle
04-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Why... it could work!

Felix
04-26-2012, 05:07 PM
I think having multiple points of input would be immensely effective because we would allow ourselves to hone in on what truly would work.

However, the draw back is how many people get involved. The more who talk, the more we have to listen and this could exacerbate the writing process. So ten? Twenty?

I'm game.

--Eric

Nick Soares
04-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Nick,

What is the film genre you are leading to with your footage? Reality? Dock/mockumentary? Fiction? And what is the advantage of working this way?

Thanks

Kevin

ktico[at]comcast.net

Kevin, It will need to be a fiction horror genre.

Whats the advantage of doing it this way? Well, I enjoy doing new things, and the way this will work is there will literally be about 15 writer credits so people can start building there resume with someone that gets stuff done, like myself, and there will be not much more on your end, just coming up with the idea eg; The Title we can vote on, the story we can vote on, and characters etc... I will have the final say, but everyone will be involved and get a writer credit. I think it will be fun and the most important part is we keep busy and this film just might jumpstart new people looking to get started in writing and get there new or next produced writer credit.

SammA1024
04-27-2012, 04:36 AM
I am very interested in your project. We think a lot alike, you think outside the box and I like that. I have lot of ideas and am very creative. Jut let me know what you have in mind and then watch it go!

Nick Soares
04-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Here is the LINK

http://www.filmmakerforum.org/production/461-community-made-movie.html

rdhay
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Yep I love the idea of contributing for the credit rather than the $400. Spreads the love a bit;)

xzilez
04-29-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm interested in your position. I posted a horror script on here called sinners that grabbed the attention of a producer and actor. You can find what it's all about in the script section. It's a dark horror comedy much like Hatchet minus the monster. If you want to read a piece of it I can send it via email. My email is xzilez26[at]gmail.com. If interested contact me. Hope to hear from you.

Nick Soares
04-29-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm interested in your position. I posted a horror script on here called sinners that grabbed the attention of a producer and actor. You can find what it's all about in the script section. It's a dark horror comedy much like Hatchet minus the monster. If you want to read a piece of it I can send it via email. My email is xzilez26[at]gmail.com. If interested contact me. Hope to hear from you.

Hey xzilez,

This thread has turned into this ---> http://www.filmmakerforum.org/production/461-community-made-movie.html

Thread Closed