PDA

View Full Version : Premiere Pro Setup

DynamickMike
08-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Hello Everyone,

I've recently shot some footage on my Canon 600d for a short film I've wanted to make for a while. It was shot in 1920x1080 at 24fps. I then tried to edit the footage together on premiere pro, when I exported the footage to make sure it looked alright,the framing was smaller than expected and did not look HD. I've done some research and realised that the initial settings and the export settings may not have been correct, unforutnatly I don't really have a lot of know how with the premiere settings work so I was wondering wether anyone would be able to tell how I should be setting up a premiere pro project so that I may get the best out of my footage?

Thank you very much,
Michael

chris_aa
08-20-2014, 02:10 AM
Are you using the latest Premier? When I put a movie file in my sequence, Premier change the setting after that file for me? But seems like you have exported wrong. What codec and settings are you using when you export?

Anonymous Filmmaker
08-20-2014, 08:19 AM
For exporting, if you are exporting to the internet, use h.264. It compresses it but not at all as much as you said. Edit in your native codec of your camera.

DynamickMike
08-22-2014, 12:11 AM
Hiya sorry for the late reply, I'm using Premiere Pro CS4 which I believe is the one just before they introduced the automatically detecting feature. I'm pretty sure that my setup options I used to create my project are wrong, I used;

General
Editing mode: Desktop
Timebase: 23.976fps

Video Settings
Frame size: 1920h 1080v (1.0000)
Frame rate: 23.976 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings
Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

Default Sequence
Total video tracks: 3
Master track type: Stereo
Mono tracks: 0

but when I render the clip the playback in the program window messes up and squishes the footage even though it was displaying a perfectly before the rendering process.

Aaron Jones
08-22-2014, 02:18 AM
The question I would like to ask is are you playing the file back on a PC or Mac? If PC what operation system (Win8)? Once I render on PP I find that the file does not play back right on Win8. Are you rendering AVI, Quicktime, or H.264?

The AVI playback sucks for PC
The MOV will play but not well for PC
The MP4 starts to play then stops

Not sure what you have...

Anonymous Filmmaker
08-22-2014, 05:03 AM
The question I would like to ask is are you playing the file back on a PC or Mac? If PC what operation system (Win8)? Once I render on PP I find that the file does not play back right on Win8. Are you rendering AVI, Quicktime, or H.264?

The AVI playback sucks for PC
The MOV will play but not well for PC
The MP4 starts to play then stops

Not sure what you have...
I am fine with mov and mp4 on my pc but I agree about avi.