PDA

View Full Version : ~Zombie Film~ DayZ: The Movie (Un-Official Short Film)

SuperiorFilms
07-28-2014, 06:01 AM
Hey Guys, Recently Me And Some Friends Made A DayZ Live Action Movie, We Are Only 13 So The Standards Are Not Too High But Please Find It In Your Hearts To Check It Out!
This Took About 3 Weeks To Shoot And Edit.
So I Would Really Appreciate It If You Could Check It Out, And Leave Some Constructive Criticism If Necessary!

DayZ: The Movie-
www. youtube. com (<-COPY THIS AFTER THAT LINK /watch?v=oahYoeYGeTw&list=UUqeQyY35kKXMpeY8hpKUBpA )

Thanks Alot! And If You Are Based In Liverpool (UK) We Are Looking For Actors, So Please Contact superiortelevision[at]gmail.com If Interested!

-Archie Erskine

GradeBFilms
07-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Honestly I was expecting it to be rubbish (zombie film, you're only 13 etc.) but that was decent considering. I only really looked at the visuals and camera work since I'm a little busy right now, so I can't comment on the story but here's a few things:

- Costumes: You don't look like you're surviving an apocalypse. A few bandages or ripped clothes could add a lot to the overall look.
- Editing: I hated the way you used fade to black cuts all the time, it looks really weird and suggests a lot of time is passing inbetween shots and ruins the pacing.
- Colour: Have a look into colour correction and grading. Since this is your first film I didn't expect to see it, but a brown/sepia tint to this film would make the image a bit better.

That's all I can really say for now. It's a lot better than what a lot of people your age on YouTube are making, so keep at it.